Author Topic: Alafia - Bridges area - Sally's loop  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Bear

• Amateur Billy Goat
Alafia - Bridges area - Sally's loop
« on: July 06, 2007, 12:41:33 PM »
I think it is Sally's loop...

Anyway, the tight turn into the downhill:  the downhill has substantial water erosion on the right side (and an great shoulder imprint at the bottom from my right shoulder as a result  ;D))
Work, what's that?!  Oh, s*** I'm late!

Offline SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
Re: Alafia - Bridges area - Sally's loop
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 01:24:50 PM »
That is Shelly's.  Yea you looked as if you had been battling a pig or two.  Glad you were okay....  Didn't see your but Jason's complete back summersault climbing the roots on Frank's loop was pretty scary.  I had gone in first and couldn't clear that last root so I stood aside to watch other's do it.  He comes along and lifts his tire a bit too much and falls back.  I hear a loud crack as his left elbow hits the roots.  I thought for sure his arm was a gonner.  I was glad to see him get up and try it again two more times.  Finally clearing it on the last one. 

Good rides at Alafia yesterday.  Another day of practice technical sections.  The trails are a bit wet and a lot of soft sticky clay out there.  Be careful and please please don't drag your brakes on the drops.  The first hard drop on Rollercaster is not looking too good because of it.

Offline Bear

• Amateur Billy Goat
Re: Alafia - Bridges area - Sally's loop
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »
Yeah, it was a good ride...too bad I didn't catch you guys earlier to get to ride with you guys more!

My shoulder is a bit sore, but not bad. 
Work, what's that?!  Oh, s*** I'm late!