SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Yesterday at 06:40:42 PM] Darrinw2001: I would have bailed AND Bonked... 

[Yesterday at 06:45:37 PM] ProEdgeBiker.com: The ole' hit the gas instead of the brake trick

[Yesterday at 06:46:09 PM] ProEdgeBiker.com: Snowbirds

[Yesterday at 06:50:56 PM] catman: I saw peope with huge winter coats,scarfs, and gloves on today around noon time. Maybe I'm crazy but I only had on jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt

[Yesterday at 06:59:31 PM] Dan-o: yeah I always knew you were crazy

[Yesterday at 08:25:32 PM] Garry: Crazy

[Yesterday at 09:39:16 PM] mellowme17: weather wasent that bad today

[Yesterday at 10:04:55 PM] ProEdgeBiker.com: inside it was great

[Yesterday at 10:11:23 PM] agablaga558: yea weather was fine...i went to boyette and it wasnt cold after the first 10 min

[Today at 12:32:56 AM] khan: hello all

[Today at 12:36:00 AM] motomediafx: Boyette was interesting today. Very slick, good ride though.

[Today at 12:36:21 AM] motomediafx: I mean Alafia....Damn its late, lol

Advanced search  

News:

The purpose of this forum is to provide mountain bikers a place to have civil conversations and learn or teach mtb'ing. The best place for dirt and mud is on the trails.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gatorback.......for all those that ride it......BE HONEST..............  (Read 9638 times)

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Team AJs Nutrishop/Outside Sport/813 Racing
Re: Gatorback.......for all those that ride it......BE HONEST..............
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
You sure are insecure if you are going through this much effort ;) (NOTE THE SMILEY!!!)

Oh, he's very insecure :)

about how he looks in spandex?

KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »
He got even more insecure when I cleared the wooden bridge climb on Gatorback with my 44.05lb big bike. That really busted his bubble. Though it really doesn't say much because I could only do it once - never repeated.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Triple T

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka übermensch
  • My Bike: X-Wing Fighter
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
I make it every time....

online  ;D

Or unless Gregg pushes me off of the trail before I attempt it.  ;)
Ibis Mojo SL-24lbs. 11 oz.
Ibis Tranny-20lbs. 12 oz.

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2007 Giant Trance 1
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »
As for the hard/easy options - when the trails are in good, flowing condition, I can clean all of them previously mentioned with the exception of the bridge around the tree on gatorback and the rock step-up entrance of doom.  I do ALL the hard options everytime.

I found this definition online for the term call out......"question their success" Few more questions about your success so I can possibly quench my insecurities ;D

1) How about the climb around the left side of the tree up to no dab ridge on Moonscape? I've never seen anyone make that consistently with ease.
  2) High line hard option drop around the tree on Doom?

Disclaimer: It is totally possible that this stuff is easy for you. I have been humbled quite a bit this past weekend on a out of state bike trip. My buddy bet me $20 I couldn't climb this rock garden and being who I am I took the bet even though I wasn't all that sure of myself. Gave it 3-4 attempts and only made if half way up on one of those attempts due to hitting my pedals and getting stuck on rocks. Couple locals tried as well and couldn't do it so I was thinking this was just one of those climbs that you have to stick to until you make it and maybe it's a hit and miss type thing. Well then a few more locals came up on their super high end Pivot brand bikes and made it look simple. They approached it slow,calm, calculated and just stayed in the saddle while consistently pumping away. I raced up to it and blasted through the rock like I was trying to push it out of my way. Then this lady showed up on a single speed and she made it almost as far as my best attempt on her second  try. At that point I was gonna stay there all damn day by myself if I had to until I made it. Made it within 2 feet of the top on the next try and cleaned it a few try's later thank god. The $20 bet was lowered to a free lunch due to all the attempts that he said he didn't have in mind when making the bet (I'll try to post the video later so ya'll can tell me how easy the climb looks[/]
[/]
>:( ). He didn't learn his lesson cause another $20 bet was placed further up the trail on a gnarly section that was actually an downhill that he bet I couldn't climb. First try on that one, much to the amazment of on lookers. All in all I was happy with myself since I could barely breath at the altitude we were at. They don't call it the mile high city for nothing.
 [/]
[/]

1. As stated previously, yes, on my epic, I could do it every time.  On the SS 32:18, it takes me 3 - 4 tries but I make it, AND it depends on the water/mud conditions

2. The high drop - never even saw it as an option as no one has ridden it but will try it next time I am there

You sure are insecure if you are going through this much effort ;) (NOTE THE SMILEY!!!)

That climb around the tree is a rare make for me on my geared bike and a never make on my SS so I'm gonna have to declare you the winner. I even F it all up after getting past the hardest section sometimes :'(

I probably just need a better bike  ;)

and don't listen to Krunnch, as I was thrilled for him when he made the boardwalk.........even though it looked like sh&t.

and don't listen to BillT, as he is just jealous that he wasn't with me this past weekend.

Proedge: you would have hated this place I rode Sunday. Like 2-3 inches of clearance between rocks in certain sections. My pedals, derailleur, bottom bracket and chain stays were taking a beating but it was still one of the best times I've ever had on two wheels. Trail builders out west are masochists I tell you.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

ProEdgeBiker.com

• Specialized my Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »
As for the hard/easy options - when the trails are in good, flowing condition, I can clean all of them previously mentioned with the exception of the bridge around the tree on gatorback and the rock step-up entrance of doom.  I do ALL the hard options everytime.

I found this definition online for the term call out......"question their success" Few more questions about your success so I can possibly quench my insecurities ;D

1) How about the climb around the left side of the tree up to no dab ridge on Moonscape? I've never seen anyone make that consistently with ease.
  2) High line hard option drop around the tree on Doom?

Disclaimer: It is totally possible that this stuff is easy for you. I have been humbled quite a bit this past weekend on a out of state bike trip. My buddy bet me $20 I couldn't climb this rock garden and being who I am I took the bet even though I wasn't all that sure of myself. Gave it 3-4 attempts and only made if half way up on one of those attempts due to hitting my pedals and getting stuck on rocks. Couple locals tried as well and couldn't do it so I was thinking this was just one of those climbs that you have to stick to until you make it and maybe it's a hit and miss type thing. Well then a few more locals came up on their super high end Pivot brand bikes and made it look simple. They approached it slow,calm, calculated and just stayed in the saddle while consistently pumping away. I raced up to it and blasted through the rock like I was trying to push it out of my way. Then this lady showed up on a single speed and she made it almost as far as my best attempt on her second  try. At that point I was gonna stay there all damn day by myself if I had to until I made it. Made it within 2 feet of the top on the next try and cleaned it a few try's later thank god. The $20 bet was lowered to a free lunch due to all the attempts that he said he didn't have in mind when making the bet (I'll try to post the video later so ya'll can tell me how easy the climb looks[/]
[/]
>:( ). He didn't learn his lesson cause another $20 bet was placed further up the trail on a gnarly section that was actually an downhill that he bet I couldn't climb. First try on that one, much to the amazment of on lookers. All in all I was happy with myself since I could barely breath at the altitude we were at. They don't call it the mile high city for nothing.
 [/]
[/]

1. As stated previously, yes, on my epic, I could do it every time.  On the SS 32:18, it takes me 3 - 4 tries but I make it, AND it depends on the water/mud conditions

2. The high drop - never even saw it as an option as no one has ridden it but will try it next time I am there

That climb around the tree is a rare make for me on my geared bike and a never make on my SS so I'm gonna have to declare you the winner. I even F it all up after getting past the hardest section sometimes :'(

and don't listen to Krunnch, as I was thrilled for him when he made the boardwalk.........even though it looked like sh&t.

and don't listen to BillT, as he is just jealous that he wasn't with me this past weekend.

Proedge: you would have hated this place I rode Sunday. Like 2-3 inches of clearance between rocks in certain sections. My pedals, derailleur, bottom bracket and chain stays were taking a beating but it was still one of the best times I've ever had on two wheels. Trail builders out west are masochists I tell you.

Where you at?

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2007 Giant Trance 1
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »
Denver Co
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »
the real question is how fast can you clean everything? ;)

drb81

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: non kool-aid wheels
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2009, 10:45:03 AM »
definition of clean: NO taps, no made it on my 3rd attempt so that counts as clean, no breaks, feet on pedals from entrance to exit.  :P
[/don]

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Team AJs Nutrishop/Outside Sport/813 Racing
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
the real question is how fast can you clean everything? ;)

that is how 813 thinks  :)

Triple T

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka übermensch
  • My Bike: X-Wing Fighter
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2009, 01:09:29 PM »

Yes, you do.  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-24lbs. 11 oz.
Ibis Tranny-20lbs. 12 oz.

KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »
I will glady take 1 of your 10 bikes Josh. Aren't you out of town - time to pay a visit!
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.555 seconds with 24 queries.