SWAMP Community Forums
April 23, 2008, 06:43:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Alafia Trail Map available to SWAMPers!
The November 2006 trail map, which includes North Creek phase 2, is available in the Alafia Trail Map section under Alafia River State Park trails.  You must be a SWAMP Club Member to gain access to these additional boards.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alafia Race....  (Read 849 times)
benjibbad
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« on: October 21, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

It's this weekend, Who's going??

I am going to Alafia on tuesday instead of the night ride.  meet there about 1730/1745 and get some miles in before dark.  Then bike cleaning party back here for those who want.  Bring your own stands.  Beer provided I will probably order Pizza.

Anyone know what the route is this year??

Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://bikesbeerandball.blogspot.com/
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 05:10:39 PM »

Prob.. Same as last year.. Lips Sealed
RiskEverything
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »

Benji- it's practically a time-trial through Moonscape. Happy pre-riding in the dark! Grin

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.
benjibbad
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »

wasn't there last year.

Check out the Blog:
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »

White wave does less of Moonscape then the yellow (pro/sport).  Is a combination of bridges, rock garden, franksloop, more bridges, whopps, sandpine, rollercaster, moonscape,and repeat

I will be pre-riding Saturday and if I can clear most of it, I might show up.  If not, I'll be going to do the Santos SWAMP group ride instead.

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 08:06:03 PM »

Chisel,
What happened?  You were in third place after first lap?  Nice showing by sweatness.  I misse the white wave but I got to see all of the yellow wave ... they were flyin'

Anyone else raced?

chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »

Yeah, I was riding the single speed and I was in third and closing in on number two on my second lap then when I hit some big roots on rock garden my chain came off! The wheel had slid forward in the dropouts and the chain was totally slack.
I had no way to fix it so that was all for me.. Sad   Sweetnes did take third!  (some 813 glory)  Where were you I did not see you!   Come out for the santos race that should be fun!
benjibbad
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:35:53 PM »

I raced novice.  Got rocked by some sand baggers, but I still came in 5th.  Not bad for my first showing.

Check out the Blog:
EllsRider
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

813Racing

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 09:44:56 PM »

Good job Benjibbad !!!

I didn't race because of I'm suffering from saddletimeosis withdrawal symptoms. Muscular atrophy and general feelings of lethargy. I did go out and ride 10 miles today though. I'm going to fight it and beat this without any drug therapy.  Grin 

Chiselchest could have had the only lap two time that was faster than lap 1 (for the white wavers) if he only could have finished. DNF again!!!!! How about Tim Jones throwing  down a 30 for his first lap!! Talk about secret training!!  Looks like he was tiring pretty quick but he did great to get the win!!! He bested Sweetness!  Sweetness wiped out and still rode to a third place finish! Good job on his part. Maybe the Santos race for me.

" Not this time, Lance"
EllsRider
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

813Racing

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »

For the record -  one  junior did do better on their lap 2 times.  Jesse Zimmereman  improved  his time by  .03/100 of a minute. Might not seem like much, but everybody else lost big time on lap 2.  Brian Bombassei shaved .33/100 of a minute on lap 2 in XC3 200lbs.+  Wanted to correct my error and make note for historical reference.  Grin

" Not this time, Lance"
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

Good job Dan.  Nice showing 813...  I showed up to help marshal.  I showed after the white wave finished but got to expectate a great race of the yellow wave.  I picked me a good spot over by Rollercoaster.  I joined Sean, FACTORe, and CPA rider. 

First lap it was Ryan in third place with a pack of about 6 riders all on each other's tires.  2nd lap Ryan jumps up to 2nd and right on 1st's tire.  By 3rd lap Ryan comes by my area in 1st place but 2nd right on his tire.  The pack of chasers was down to three with other about 30 sec behind.  By the 4th lap something must've happen cuz Ryan comes by in 3rd place and about 10 sec behind 1st and 5 behind 2nd.  I let him know his time and he yells a thank you and cranks it.  I later see that he finished 2nd.  But it was not until today that I see he was in a dog fight the whole time and only lost by 5 seconds.  The two riders dropped the 3rd place guy by almost 40 sec from where I was in rollercoaster to finish.  Something must've happend to that 3rd place guy cuz he was in 2nd when I saw him on his last lap.

But the story of the day was rider #108 (Ryan Borger).  On his first lap lap he comes by where I was on Rollercoaster in 2nd or 3rd place in his class.  On his 2nd lap I see him pedaling holding on to something.  As he comes around I see that he is standing and his seat post is broken.  I tell him to drop his seat since he was holding on to it and kept pedaling while standing up.  I told him i would give him his seat later.  I figure he would finish the lap and stop.  But nooooo... the guy comes around a 3rd time and I assure him his seat is safe with me.  I walked to finish line and I see him finish a 4th lap still standing but noticebly very tired. I shake his hand and give him his seat.  He could bearly walk or breath but was still kicking with an 8th place finish.  That guy was amazing.  I can only stand up on my bike and pedal for a short period of time.  But do 3 laps like that?  Wow!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: