SWAMP Community Forums
April 15, 2008, 08:02:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: North Creek Trail at Alafia River State Park is a fun and popular trail.
Ride this intermediate trail and then post your review here!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 55nine Performance Bike Fitting  (Read 450 times)
Eddie O
SWAMPer
First Bike

« on: December 09, 2007, 12:48:13 PM »

Hello SWAMPers,
I will be bringing my bike fitting services to the Tampa/St Pete area from Dec 14th through Jan 5th.  I have worked with a few SWAMPers such as Harvey Minton and Kurt Leverette, but my services are not just for racers.  More power to climb the hills and more comfort in general are things riders of all levels can appreciate.  Do not let knee, neck or back pains from riding go unchecked.  Numb hands?  I can help there too.  You can spend a lot of money swapping stems and replacing pedal systems just to find they did not fix your issue or have caused a new one.  I can help eliminate those steps and having riding stronger, longer and with more comfort in just a few hours.

Why is a 55nine Performance bike fit better?

There is no such thing as a position on the bike. Cycling is not a static movement, it's dynamic. So why would you obtain a bike fit that measures you while you are holding still? With a 55nine Performance Laser-Precision Bike Fit, you will be "speed-balanced" on your bike. This means that all the calculations that are done behind the scenes take into account skeletal movement, forces, and angles while you are in motion. We will take specific measurements of your body, and your bike, and use the Wobble-Naught system to produce a blueprint. We will then follow the blueprint precisely, to fit your bike to you. Our fit maintains your personal skeletal integrity while aligning your muscles for their best line of pull. Remember: your bones are your leverage, and your muscles only pull. So why not make use of those bones and quit wearing out your body needlessly?

better leverage = increased potential= increased horsepower = better cycling

55nine Performance's philosophy is to "keep it simple, but not oversimplify". If the front end of your car is not aligned, the best tires in the world will wear out. Think about this in terms of your body! With your new 55nine Performance Laser-Precision fit, you will be moving in your optimal range of motion on the bike, meaning less microtraumas to your tissues (less soreness), allowing you to ride more and recover faster. Comfort works, and the proof is in the results.  You can learn more about 55nine Performance at our website.

If you are interested in a fitting or would like to give the gift of a proper fitting bike as a Christmas present, you can reach me at 404 432 5841 or eddie at 55ninePerformance.com.  Fittings cost $165, though we do offer a 15% discount for each addition bike fit during the same session (this offer is for single person only).  The first fitting will take about 2 hours and will include a skeletal assessment, a blueprint, the bike set up and technique assessment and teaching.  Each addition fit will take about 1.5 hours.  We can fit road, mountain, track, tri, time trial and cyclocross bikes.

The locations of the fittings will be based on were the demand is.  I am currently securing sessions in Lakeland, Tampa and St Pete.  I will do what I can to accommodate all those who have an interest.

I look forward to riding with the SWAMPers again.  See you on the trails,

Eddie O

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight: SS29er wannabe

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 09:00:02 PM »

Eddie,
I've been thinking about the laser fit for a while now.  I have gotten two fits from the LBS and they have helped.  However, I end up lowering my seat post slightly every time.  I have a lower back hearniated disc.  I have to give up on using an "agressive/more power" position for a bit more comfortable one.   Some where in between.  I know I have to get surgery to correct it permanently.  But I am too afraid of what might happen.  I am also hopping to shed off some pounds which I know will help me the most.   So I instead, visit a chiropractor every month who adjusts me.  As I get closer to those 30 days, my back reminds me is time to go visit him.  It also prevents me from going more then 10-15 miles before my speed just drops and I have to stop to adjust my back for a few seconds.

So... for those of us carrying some extra weight or have a herniated discs in our backs, is the laser fit for us?  Thanks...

SandPine's Ride Reports
"I have a 3-speeds bike: Seat, Stand, & Walk!" Anonymous
Eddie O
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »

So... for those of us carrying some extra weight or have a herniated discs in our backs, is the laser fit for us?  Thanks...

The short answer is yes.  The fitting I perform is not either "aggressive/powerful" or "comfortable/not powerful" rather it is comfortable and powerful.  This is achieved by building a fit around your specific skeletal measurements, range of motion and muscle pull.  We will certainly take into account your herniated discs and weight.  "Extra weight" is also not an issue.  Your weight is factored into the fit process, but will not be a limiting factor.

...just because you have a back issue or some extra weight, does not mean you should wear your other body parts out.

Eddie O
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »

Mr.Sandpine, I'm sure there's alot of fellow riders out there that you ride with that would love to give you an adjustment!! Wink Cheesy Grin

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »

If you're considering a full fitting Eddie's service is spot-on. I did it in summer '06 and after a short adjustment period, I've never felt better on a bike. I had occassional knee, back and shoulder problems that are now gone.

Eddie O
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »

Just wanted to follow up with this link: http://www.velonews.tv/  Velo News worked with the owner/creator of the fitting system that I use, Wobble-Naught, to create this series of videos which explain how the process works.

See you all at Croom,

Eddie O
CatOneCoach
First Bike

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »

Sounds like a sizing, or a one-fit-for-all approach.  Dynamic versus static?  Is the person moving when you are taking all those measurements off them, so that you can enter them into the "solution?"  That might be difficult.  There is no consideration for flexibility, history of injury, issues with existing set up, imbalances, or how far off one's existing set up is from the "solution."  ie, if the seat is 5 inches low, Wobble-Naught would raise your seat 5 inches in one shot.  Is it possible to perform a wobble-naught fitting without internet access?  Or do they not teach that?

How does the "solution" correct for an anterior pelvic tilt on one side?  A lumbar fusion?  Scoliosis?  Your thoughts?

Just curious,

AB
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:50:19 AM by CatOneCoach » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: