Author Topic: Yesterdays Boyette workday  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Yesterdays Boyette workday
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »
A big thanks goes out to Sam Wasmundt, Ken Orlando, Ron Zajac, Jeff Williams, Kenny Dixon, Wes Eubank, Dave Koser, Louie Hellman, Rick Knight, Garry Rosseter and Tim Gustafson, for cleaning up and repairing the trails, and cutting in new trail at Boyette yesterday.  These folks, and more through out the year, are why we have such great trails to enjoy.  We came so close to opening the next new trail, "SWAMP THING", that on the next workday it too will be complete.

Hope to see a bunch of you answer the call for help on the 2nd Saturday of next month so we can knock this trail out and get started on finishing the next two in line.

Give your time when you can.  It makes the work go so much faster.

Thanks.

Garry

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
Re: Yesterdays Boyette workday
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 11:38:32 PM »
Good to hear Garry, I'm srry i couldn't make it. Life takes priority. Where is this new section goina be? Is the entire think of sidewinder open yet?
I'm thinking I'm goina have to do Boyette this weekend.
Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:27:26 AM »
Good to hear Garry, I'm srry i couldn't make it. Life takes priority. Where is this new section goina be? Is the entire think of sidewinder open yet?
I'm thinking I'm goina have to do Boyette this weekend.

Ian, you've helped many times in the past and it is greatly appreciated.  The new section will flow from the South end of Sidewinder once complete.  All of Sidewinder is finished now as an out-and-back.  SWAMP THING is almost complete, then two more sections to build and the entire place will be connected together.
Wes is working on flagging another section in the area East of center that will include some really cool ups and downs for a major fun factor.

Offline Amocat00

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Zoom Zoom
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »
I wish we would have seen this BEFORE our ride today.  Scott, Jason, and I were out there today.  We took one of the maps from the trailhead.  It had Swamp Thing already on the map, so we thought it was done.  Needless to say, we got out there pretty far, to where it stops, and had to navigate a temporary bail out to get back to the double track.  It was interesting....and thorny. 

I'm new, but I'd like to get out and help with the trail clearing and stuff.  It's just hard because I'm usually busy with the family on the weekends.  I'll get out there someday.

Thanks,

~Shawn
"Ride It Like You Stole It!!!"

~Shawn

scooter

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »
OOOOPS! ;D

Offline inso

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »
I have had a blast riding the trails for the past month. I will be out there on the next work day.