SWAMP Community Forums
April 20, 2008, 03:37:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Boyette Scrub Trail Map available to SWAMP Mountain Bike Club members.  Check the Trail Maps section.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gatorback.......for all those that ride it......BE HONEST..............  (Read 1782 times)
SamW
SWAMPer
First Bike

SWAMPER

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »

Most riders I know that have conquered the infamous G-back at Alafia have metal plates in their shoulders. I prefer the tamer trails because I am allergic to hospitals and surgical knives. G-back caters to adrenaline junkies with health insurance!  Smiley

Addicted to MTB
slowfatguy
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 09:22:07 PM »

That is funny, that root wall gives me no problems. For me it was always that dang bridge around the tree. Not so much the bridge, but getting up to it comfortably, I'd always dork up on the humps just before it and have no momentum left. Oddly enough the first time I cleaned the trail was on my hardtail. Huh
Youre a dork anyway

yeah, and I can't ride so I build lots of bypasses.

Keep us up to date on this guys, I need somewhere to let my trail maintenance aggressions out now.

my other ride has 599 more hp.
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 07:01:06 AM »

I got the word that we are going to rework it and make it more flowy and sustainable.  Flow baby flow! Grin
slowfatguy
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »

when is work going to start?

my other ride has 599 more hp.
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 07:20:21 AM »

Huh Ells and I will have to get wth Art and walk it to come up with a plan of attack soon! I am really looking forward to it! Cool
MOOSE
First Bike

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »

No metal plate in my shoulder...

Gatorback's design is challenging. It never stops coming at you. I disagree with those that say it has no "flow". GB has plenty og flow - it's tough as can be, but it becomes a great challenge and later a great reward to string one "clean" after another together until you finally clean everything. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seemed like a lot of the perceived or real problems with Gatorback from a sustainable trail standpoint could be resolved rather easily. I've ridden it since its inception and found it to be wildly challenging and one of the best "difficult" trails I've ridden anywhere. Please, I urge those involved to keep any changes to this trail true to its purpose of being a Double Black Diamond trail.
MOOSE
First Bike

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »

HEre's a movie from "back in the day" when the "Wall of Roots" was just that - a heaping pile of vertical roots. It's been tamed a great deal since then. The guy on the Video (Larry) was one of the first that i saw, figure out the technique of cleaning the wall of roots.
http://www.outdoortravels.com/files/fl_movie_alafia_walloroots.mov
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: