SWAMP Community Forums
May 23, 2008, 09:16:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: North Creek Trail at Alafia River State Park is a fun and popular trail.
Ride this intermediate trail and then post your review here!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mileage continuem - the never ending post  (Read 14968 times)
EllsRider
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

813Racing

« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2008, 09:36:04 AM »

I put in my 16.5 miles (avg. speed 11.1mph) yesterday from Loyce Harpe.  Pace was a tad fast  but still all in all a chill ride. For me  to maintain for 6 hours is another matter. Slowed to a single speed pace  (Chiselchest) on the road so maybe it would even out if not for the slower road speed.  Still need to determine whether I'll do red or corporate course though. Yesterday was all corporate riding.  Light rain in Lithia last night, hopefully some more today  so these trails will still be packed fairly well. Loyce Harpe had a hard pack and made for a good ride.

" Not this time, Lance"
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

Dang boys and girls, we need to keep the mileage up.  Team Paisa is trying to catch us!!  They are only 238 miles behind us.  30 miler for me tomorrow on the road.  A couple rides during the week, then 50 for the Ididaride on Saturday.  What mileage plans does everyone else have for this week?

1    SouthWest Association of Mountainbike Pedalers (SWAMP)   Tampa, FL   58   2,813 miles   
2    TEAM PAISA   Miami, FL   27   2,575 miles

I will probably log at least 100 before this time next week.

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »

I'll probably getat least three rides in before the cross race this weekend.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29er26er

« Reply #468 on: March 03, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »

Bikejournal sucks!!! They are charging now to be able to log your mileage. Back to my old spreadsheet.

He who
-has his weight forward is not steady
-sprints cannot maintain the pace
-makes a show is not enlightened
-is self-righteous is not respected
-boasts achieves nothing
-brags will not endure

"These are extra gears and unnecessary weight,"They do not bring happiness. - singlespeeder
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #469 on: March 03, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »

Bikejournal sucks!!! They are charging now to be able to log your mileage. Back to my old spreadsheet.

Not so fast my friend.  At less then $2/month is definetely worth your use of it.  I spent a ton more then that on my gels and those are equally important to me as having an online jornal I can log my hours/miles into.  However, this must be a bug with the updates they did over the weekend.  I have written to the BikeJournal support line to see what they say.  The web site (http://bikejournal.com/premier.asp) still shows the Basic Membership being free and still using the online Journal.  So don't dump it so fast.  I'll keep you posted.

Hey Mr. Presidente Gary,
If it comes down to it, any chance of SWAMP board investing on turning SWAMP into a BikeJournal Premier club so all of our members could join as "premier" members?  If it stays free, no need to do this I say.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:57:02 AM by SandPine » Logged

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »

A quick research on this and I see that BikeJournal did make changes affective 3/1/2008.  They had sent an email a while back but I missed or it only went to the Free Membership members.  I've been premier for a while.

Here's the deal... you now only get SIX fields with a free membership.  Three of those fields you can't change.  They are (Ride Date, Ride Type, and Bike).  You can do whatever you want with the other Three.  I recommend you pick Distance (miles), and Ride Time.  You can pick whatever else you want for the 6th one.  Weight, Comments, or whatever.  Actually you get SEVEN fields because your Club Affiliation cannot be change.  Is set to whatever you have it as primary.

If you logon to BikeJOurnal and try to enter an ride and can't see the fields you want, go to Journal/Configure Columbs to add them back.  No data should have been erased for your Journal during this time.  You still get the one a year download so you if you wish to lead and start over somewhere else.  Which I hope you don't.

Again $20/year is not bad. 

Gary (Presidente, sir!!!!)
Any chance SWAMP can throw in $300/$400 to making SWAMP a "Premier Club" giving our members 85% discount or $3/year to join BikeJournal? 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:31:18 PM by SandPine » Logged

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #471 on: March 03, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »

I upgraded too. I really like the program. Slantz even said I could get a 6 person discount for the same price as the 5., but I think I'm going to kep the rest of the fam on the basic as they don't ride as much as me, although Brandy (9 yr. old) did 17.62 miles in the C group yesterday and Me and the other kids only did 16.54 in the B- group. Whats up with that! Embarrassed Huh

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: