SWAMP Community Forums
May 23, 2008, 09:16:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gatorback  (Read 340 times)
Bear
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« on: March 02, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »

First and foremost - thanks to Art and everyone else worked on Gatorback last weekend!!  You guys did a phenomenal job!  I wish I could have been there to help.  The trail is awesome.  True, it's sad that we lost the big drop, but the re-route is sweet!  The berms are also amazing.  Overall, I think the trail has great flow and rhythm right now - and you can really fly on it!

I saw at least fifteen to twenty people on that trail just while I was on it today, so it defintely seems that people are glad to have it back open.

In a year that has seen our mountain biking community (greater C. Florida) alone lose two advanced trails, I'm so glad that due to hard work and tenacity, this one will remain open for business.

You can bet your ass that I'll be out there anytime I can make to help keep it that way - Art, please keep us posted on any off schedule work days you would like to do out at Alafia!

Work, what's that?!  Oh, s*** I'm late!
slowfatguy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »

I rode it the first time today after working on it last weekend. I can't believe how well it rode, pretty nicely packed already. 2nd lap we saw quite a few people on it, which is good.

my other ride has 599 more hp.
Anthem1
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

I rode it Saturday for the first time and it is everything I had heard and more with tough climbs and knarly decents. But even better was the flow, I was thinking this would be a technical nightmare made for creeping along but thats not the case as you can really cruise on this trail slowed only by the next climb. Between Gator back and Moonscape, Alafia offers some truely world class black diamond rated riding Smiley
hairball
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »

Did Gatorback today, Nice job guys!

There was a section that the boards were knocked out and the trail was a bit washed out, All in all, It was very fun and flowed nicely.

I would love to help on the trail builds, I have plenty of tools, I need to plan well ahead to get the time off on Saturdays due to my business and Saturdays are the busiest days.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good   example.
   Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
slowfatguy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »

Did Gatorback today, Nice job guys!

There was a section that the boards were knocked out and the trail was a bit washed out, All in all, It was very fun and flowed nicely.

I would love to help on the trail builds, I have plenty of tools, I need to plan well ahead to get the time off on Saturdays due to my business and Saturdays are the busiest days.

That narrow spot is rideable, I did it 2 times Sunday.

my other ride has 599 more hp.
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »

It is a great trail and it flows really good. Sadly though, I wouldn't really stick it in the same category as Moonscape though. It is a high end single black diamond though. I can't wait to go back.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: