SWAMP Community Forums
June 11, 2008, 06:32:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Squiggy Classic 6 Hour Mountain Bike Race (Mar 8, 2008), 2008 Results  here. How did you do?

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight at the hole.  (Read 539 times)
Alan
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 08:45:57 PM »

Not to sound like a complete newb...but how do the night rides work?  Are they like the regular club rides with different groups according to speed/skill, or is it a huge free for all? 
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 09:04:46 PM »

Alan,

They tend to break up into two biggish groups, a "b" ish, and a "c" ish group. There are often smaller groups, like the one we had last night. Most of the folks roll out right about 6, but some will go a little early at this time of year. It is still light at 8, although most are done a little before that.

No lights needed this time of year Alan. Me and Gregg even dropped back in for more as we did a second loop thru Misery and Speedway Fast and Furious like Grin

He ain't kidding! There were a couple of spots on speedway where all four of our wheels were sliding at the same time..............You might call it drifting Grin  Mostly it was fun. Just steer into the skid and apply throttle.

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:17:39 PM »

Yeah, there where a few times that I lost my front wheel and just barely managed to pull it back in.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: