SWAMP Community Forums
June 11, 2008, 08:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boyette workday this Saturday the 12th!  (Read 414 times)
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« on: April 08, 2008, 08:56:53 AM »

So far we have 9 volunteers for the workday at Boyette this Saturday.

We could certainly use more help, so come on out and be a part of the resurrection and new found trail designs of Balm-Boyette.  This trail system has become a mountain-bikers destination instead of just another trail to ride thanks to the many hours of SWAMP volunteers.

With the help of volunteers like you folks we can finish these trails and bring them up to a relatively easy maintainable condition.  We are almost there!! 

Here's what needs to be done this Saturday - please help out if you can:

• We need people to trim back overgrowth of the miles of existing trails.
• We need people to repair a couple of sections of the newly opened SWAMP THING.
• We need people with picks and shovels to fix the bypass and soon to be entrance to GARRY'S LOOP.
• We need people to swing some pick mattocks and shovels to start the construction of GARRY'S LOOP.
• We need people to finalize the entrance into the East Meadow from the WOODS TRAIL.

As you can see this will take several groups of folks to be in different areas at once, or a handful of people scurrying around to do everything.  One of those options sounds easier than the other doesn't it?

Please come on out and help make this an easier and quicker project for all.

RSVP so lunch and beverage can be ordered and so the workday can be planned.

Thank you in advance,
Garry
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:07:49 AM »

I'm sorry I'll be missing it Garry. But all you other people should get out there and help.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
ejruedi
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 08:40:13 PM »

As a new member I would love to get out there and lend a hand if needed.  I live in an apartment so dont really have access to any yard work type tools, but if you just need another body I can be there.  Is there anything I need to do to sign up to help?
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »

As a new member I would love to get out there and lend a hand if needed.  I live in an apartment so dont really have access to any yard work type tools, but if you just need another body I can be there.  Is there anything I need to do to sign up to help?

Loaner tools are available.  Show up at parking at 8:45, we shuttle people out at 9:00.  RSVP for lunch and beverage.  Bring gloves, bug spray, and Camelback or water to drink on the trail.
ejruedi
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  Count me in I will be there, but will require loaner tools.
Jersh
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »

Anyone planning to ride after the workday at Boyette tomorrow?  I'm going to bring my bike but whether or not I ride depends on how long/hard we work and how pooped I am afterwards...

Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »

Anyone planning to ride after the workday at Boyette tomorrow?  I'm going to bring my bike but whether or not I ride depends on how long/hard we work and how pooped I am afterwards...

I am riding, but like you depending on how hard I work... I have not been on the new trails yet so I plan on riding them. The last couple of time I was out there it was to close to dark to get that far out while still riding my favorites. 

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: