SWAMP Community Forums
June 17, 2008, 09:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble  (Read 1021 times)
noble
Cycling Sherpa

« on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »

Darrin has told me that I purposely antagonize people and that I go on the shout box as a guest and try to start trouble. Well--I am sorry if I ever antagonize people, that would never be my intent. I do joke a lot as i have stated many times and many people told me to keep it up because they knew it was all in good fun. But I suppose I will let up on the humor because i do not ever want to offend people.

Now about the shout box thing--I have never been on it and don't even know how to use it--falsely accused.   

Mike Cole
FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »

don't worry about what people think - be yourself - I think you are funny - I never get smited either

www.myspace.com/factore  - SMITE MAGNET
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »

Some threads and responses are seems to be too personal.

People needs to be aware the general purpose of a biking forum - exchange of views related to mountain biking (roadies are allowed too). Don't take things too personally and don't hit too personal of a note. If you must send a pm or talk to them in the trailhead no reason to spill everything all over the place.

Chill guys, we are suppose to be laid back cool breed of people who loves dirt more than the comfy couch.

Morisson

29, rigid and single
munkyknum
Huffy Rider

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »

Darrin has told me that I purposely antagonize people and that I go on the shout box as a guest and try to start trouble. Well--I am sorry if I ever antagonize people, that would never be my intent. I do joke a lot as i have stated many times and many people told me to keep it up because they knew it was all in good fun. But I suppose I will let up on the humor because i do not ever want to offend people.

Now about the shout box thing--I have never been on it and don't even know how to use it--falsely accused.   

People don't appreciate sarcasm, it is truly an art.  Sad
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

People don't appreciate sarcasm, it is truly an art.  Sad
Amen to that Bro

29, rigid and single
noble
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »

I ain't upset with anyone--I just want to make sure I don't upset other people. I mean somehow I got like 10 smites yesterday. I guess from this shout box incident that I know nothing about.  So my point is to let you guys know that I ain't registering as a guest and trying to start something--I do that under my own name!! Grin Just kidding.

I don't mind smites, I don't mind if people call me out on everything but at the same time I don't believe in trying to offend people on purpose. Now I admit that sometimes I will say something on here that I believe to be true--like the riding the soaked trails thing at Squiggy while normally telling others not to--but to me that was a truth and truth doesn't cause trouble it exposes it.

I think I will just stick to personal encounters with you guys out at the trails--then there will be no mistakes about my intentions.

Mike Cole
noble
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »

Yeah unfortunetly I have a degree in Sarcasm! Cry

Mike Cole
firebiker
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »

I think you should keep doing what you do. The boards were not the same without you.  Wink
noble
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »

Ok, I made another mistake--I shouldn't have mentioned Darrin's name in that post--sorry about that Darrin.

I am expecting hit men at my house now Grin

Mike Cole
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

Yeah, that was really mature as well. I cant wait to run into you out at croom. I'll buy you an ice cream cone.

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »

I think you should keep doing what you do. The boards were not the same without you.  Wink

plus 1

www.myspace.com/factore  - SMITE MAGNET
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 11:50:48 PM »

Let's just try and relax and not take this so seriously.

Noble, I agree that your sense of humor adds some fun to this, and that is all it really supposed to be.  If I have an issue with someone or with something they said, I send a private message or I move on. The only exception I have with that is when we are talking about something very serious, like an injury.

Smiting is silly. I really wish that function could be removed. I personally have never used it, and just won't.

Whoever made the statement in the shout box, was just stirring the pot. I have seen it before. If they don't want us to know who they are, then why should we pay attention?

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:48 AM »

I find it fun to poke the monkey or see a monkey poked! Some people just need to grow some thicker skin and give some back! I know it makes for a good read.
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:49 AM »

Humor I don’t mind, but this kind of stuff is unnecessary and stupid. Bringing something to the board that was addressed in a PM is silly and does nothing for your cause. My skin is as is obviously thick since I am not the one who started THIS post. I don’t care what anyone thinks of me or how many smites I get. But I would not try to publicly insult and humiliate anyone because I disagree with something they posted. So that being said, do what you wish and say what you will, but don’t cry when you get smites or someone sends a PM to address what you said.

BTW, what flavor ice cream do you like?

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »

BTW, what flavor ice cream do you like?
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

29, rigid and single
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: