SWAMP Community Forums
June 14, 2008, 12:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Try our live Chat function.  Click the Chat menu button and wait for other users to enter the room.  Log in to the Forum to see the Chat button.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone riding Thursday or Friday evening at Alafia?  (Read 380 times)
Coach
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« on: April 09, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »

As the title asks.  I am looking for an evening ride, not a night thing (no light).  Prefer Alafia. "B"level pace.  Pretty much any trail, although I walk some of Moonscape and Gatorback.  Anyone.

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach
Anthem1
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »

Hey Coach, me, Mksandoz, Gregg and a couple others are riding Alafia Thursday hope to roll out around 4:30 till the park closes. You are more then welcome to join us Smiley
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »

Is the Bionic Bunny back in town? Cool

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Anthem1
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »

I don't think he gets back until tommorow Ken, you want to join the welcome back Bunny party with a victory lap thru Rabbit Ears? Grin
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »

I would love to but I'm stuck in Clearwater tomorow and will have to settle for a road ride! Going to try to get it a 65 mile ride tomorrow if all works out.

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:28:31 PM »

As the title asks.  I am looking for an evening ride, not a night thing (no light).  Prefer Alafia. "B"level pace.  Pretty much any trail, although I walk some of Moonscape and Gatorback.  Anyone.
Coach, there is an unofficial group riding regularly at Alafia at 6pm every Friday now.  Forrest usually gets them together.  I get out there a bit early on my SS but went up to 32x20 at Alafia.  Could probably do 32x19 but don't have a 19T yet.  If you there Friday evening let us know.

JasonD
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I like to bike!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »

Anthem - it looks like I'm in for this evening. Is anyone interested in carpooling from Tampa?

Jason Daniels
Red Gary Fisher (HKEK / Big Sur Hybrid)
Coach
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »

I am going to try to make both, but "she who must be obeyed" might not be back in time for a 4:30 today.  Sandpine I started at a 34 X 16, then X 18, and now at 20T.  I am looking to upgrade my cranks and will probably go to a 32T up front.  I have a tough time with a lot of the climbs at Alafia with my current set up.  Do you feel like your spinning out too much with the 32 X 20?  What is the pace like Friday?  (Distance?)  I still don't have a lot of endurance, don't want to hold people up, but tired of riding alone.

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »

I am going to try to make both, but "she who must be obeyed" might not be back in time for a 4:30 today.  Sandpine I started at a 34 X 16, then X 18, and now at 20T.  I am looking to upgrade my cranks and will probably go to a 32T up front.  I have a tough time with a lot of the climbs at Alafia with my current set up.  Do you feel like your spinning out too much with the 32 X 20?  What is the pace like Friday?  (Distance?)  I still don't have a lot of endurance, don't want to hold people up, but tired of riding alone.
A 34x20 may be close to a 32x18.  I couldn't do that at Alafia.  Not yet.  The 32x20 was perfect.  There are no long flat streight aways there that you need to go over 14mph.  That is all I could sustain at WTA with 32x18.  I upgraded to 32x16 at WTA last Tuesday and I was crusing at 13-14 easily.  Even pumped 18-19 when I needed to without overspinning.  But Panther and Hartbreak were hard on the legs with 32x16.  So I will probably settle on 32x17 for all parks from now on.  Maybe the 19T at Alafia.

If you ride with Forrest at Alafia, he rides an aggressive pace (10-12mph) average.  I ride with them until they hit Gatorback, and Moonscape.  Then I go do my own thing or just start early.  I usually end up with 8-10mph at Alafia and warm up on easier stuff like SandPine. :-)  I admit it.  I am a Sissy!  LMAO... Noble, where do I sign up for the Syssy Anonnymous klan?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:02:55 AM by SandPine » Logged

Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:47:58 PM »

Hey Coach, me, Mksandoz, Gregg and a couple others are riding Alafia Thursday hope to roll out around 4:30 till the park closes. You are more then welcome to join us Smiley

He's back and bouncey! It was a fun ride tonight guys!!!!

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Anthem1
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »

Yes it was Smiley After you guy's split me and Mike hit Bridges and Rollercoaster once more for good measure. Rolled outta there at 8:00P.M. Now that's a good day's riding  Grin
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »

Welcome back Bunny!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: