"Our study indicates that chocolate milk is a strong alternative to other commercial sports drinks in helping athletes recover from strenuous, energy-depleting exercise," coauthor Joel M. Stager, PhD, from Indiana University in Bloomington, said in a news release. "Chocolate milk contains an optimal carbohydrate to protein ratio, which is critical for helping refuel tired muscles after strenuous exercise and can enable athletes to exercise at a high intensity during subsequent workouts."
why beer is bad:
1) your blood volume decreases, so less blood returns to your heart;
2) the amount of blood your heart pumps with each beat decreases;
3) less oxygen-rich blood reaches your working muscles;
4) your muscles have less oxygen with which to produce energy aerobically;
5) you must ride at a slower pace.
In addition, sending blood to your skin is one of your body’s cooling mechanisms. When you are dehydrated, there is less blood available to be sent to the skin and less for the working muscles, so performance decreases and the risk of heat injury increases.