Author Topic: Todays workday  (Read 1945 times)

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Todays workday
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »
We weren't many but we were mighty.  Together the volunteer group took care of what needed to get done at Boyette.  Some areas didn't get hit because just not enough folks could make it out today.  That's okay, we'll aim for it next month, so check your calendars and see if you can help us Saturday, July 12.

We did fix the bad sandy drop on the end of Upper Loch Ness.  The Woods Trail, SST, and Loch Ness were trimmed as was North Abyss.  The scenic overlook that is an out and back was cut in off of Woods Trail, and two picnic tables were positioned for a great view of the lake.  The drop in from Woods Trail to the gully that leads to East Meadow was shaped in for a nice transition.  Another scenic overlook was started off the Ridgeline Trail in memory of Lauren Guerette.

Much thanks to Garry Rosseter, Wes Eubank, Mike Frazier, Ken Orlando, Harvey Minton, Kenny Dixon, Kim Miller, J.J. Levin, Dave Whyte, Lou Whyte (Thanks for the great lunch Lou!), Erik Ruedinger, David Batten, Jim Deluca, Dick Stillwagon and Jason Sharrow.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Todays workday
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:48:41 PM »
Big thanks to Lou for hauling all that good food way back to the picninc tables! I saw stuff today I never would know was at Boyette. I had a good time today, and riding out there in the morning is gonna be a treat! Was really cool to see the 3 deer and that bobcat on the way out.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.