SWAMP Community Forums
October 12, 2008, 08:31:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

History Commands

[Today at 10:43:31 AM] dashreeve: colt creek

[Today at 02:27:53 PM] FACTORe: don't forget to watch mountainbiking on CBS today

[Today at 02:41:00 PM] chainslap: thanks factore dvr set

[Today at 03:10:40 PM] bikehard: what time?

[Today at 03:12:45 PM] bikehard: found it

[Today at 03:17:06 PM] FACTORe: glad to see mtbing getting on main stream TV

[Today at 04:50:35 PM] Alan: what time is/was it on?  I couldn't find any listings

[Today at 04:56:15 PM] FACTORe: i was on at 3:30

[Today at 04:56:28 PM] FACTORe: or 3

[Today at 04:56:32 PM] FACTORe: somewhere in these

[Today at 04:56:34 PM] FACTORe: there

[Today at 07:05:24 PM] Alan: damn.  was it XC racing or..?

News: Boyette Scrub Trail Map available to SWAMP Mountain Bike Club members.  Check the Trail Maps section.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Croom worth the drive?  (Read 424 times)
catman
SWAMPer
First Bike

« on: September 23, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »

I mainly ride Alafia but have also been to boyette, Carter, Santos and of course flatwoods/Morris Bridge. Haven't  given Croom a second thought since a few people told me it was a sand pit. I know for a fact that this is the case on the off-road motorcycle side but thought I'd get a second opinion from those in the know. I'm getting a sick feeling in my stomach that I may have cheated myself out of some great rides. As I'm writing this I remembered a guy at Oliver's bike shop telling me that you can get a lot of sustained speed at Croom. It's about a 45 min one way trip for me.
naked indian
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »

I think when the time is right, its great. I only ride it during the croom 50 and it has always been worth it.  O and if you liked my response please click smite below my name..
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »

The moto enduro is this weekend and the trails will be trashed for a couple of months. If we get enough rain this fall, hit it up in December after deer season is over. It's the kind of place you want to ride when we're getting decent amounts of rain. No rain at Croom for a month = beach without bikinis to look at.

Garry
Global Moderator
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 05:23:55 PM »

Sections of Croom are known for the sand, but there is also a lot of the trail system that is sweet, fun riding.  Not a place to avoid.  It is one of the best choices in the rainy season, but also once you learn to ride in and accept the sandy sections it's good.
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Current Ride: Gary Fisher Cake 2

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »

I have ride the yellow loop and the north blue loop and found them fun and not very sandy durning the summer. I like it better than flatwoods/MB since it has some good climbs and downhills. lots of good miles....

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
tread29
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:00:01 AM »

I've only ridden croom durring the Croom 50 but I think it's a great park! I live all the way down in Bradenton and I'd make the drive for a few hours of good riding.

Join the revolution. Ride Big Wheels!
http://tread29.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: