Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 04:51:23 PM] mksandoz: of

[Today at 04:51:15 PM] mksandoz: iPhone, the shandy or smartphones

[Today at 04:47:16 PM] ProEdgeBiker: 2 yrs with the 32gb and and 15gb of iCloud has worked for me

[Today at 04:44:50 PM] ProEdgeBiker: I'm going from a 4s 3G to that. I'll be happy

[Today at 04:42:22 PM] BillT: finally a phone that I don't really have any issues with

[Today at 04:42:07 PM] BillT: at it also has sufficient memory and storage and has been very stable

[Today at 04:41:52 PM] BillT: i could really care less about processor speed as long as it is 'fast enough'...my current galaxy meets that criteria

[Today at 04:41:17 PM] BillT: I was put off by the size of the galaxy at first but mostly because it was too thin, after I put a case on it, it feels right

[Today at 04:39:18 PM] ProEdgeBiker: FYI - http://gizmodo.com/iphone-a7-chip-benchmarks-forget-the-specs-it-blows-e-1350717023

[Today at 04:39:13 PM] ProEdgeBiker: Bill, i could have gone anyway i wanted, there are even better deals out there for the S4, but im not fond of the size.

[Today at 04:32:01 PM] Rhyno: Droid maxx!!!! Droid does!!!!

[Today at 04:31:27 PM] BillT: samsung galaxy s4 > crapple

Author Topic: New Ride  (Read 9045 times)

Offline Тгірlе Т

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
New Ride
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
Got delivered today  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Anthem1

Re: New Ride
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »
That's is UBER SEXY, I have drooled long and hard over these since they came out :)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »
What do you need one of those for? Don't you know that big wheels are all the rage now. We'll all be out pedalling the front wheel like we did when we were 3 years old.

Anyway, nice bike!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Тгірlе Т

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:51 PM »
LOL@pimpin my big wheel. 
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Online BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:47:11 PM »
Nice Mojo!  But you really should have gotten a rigid single speed 29'r  ;)
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline catman

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2007 Giant Trance 1
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »
That thing is way to nice to ride. Just mount it on your car and drive around the parking lot at Alafia.
I'm lusting over your bike.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline mksandoz

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
    • my riding blog
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Monocog
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:52:57 AM »
where does the water bottle go?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline Тгірlе Т

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 07:45:28 AM »
That thing is way to nice to ride. Just mount it on your car and drive around the parking lot at Alafia.
I'm lusting over your bike.

LOL, I've thought about that.  Like any kid with a new toy, I want to show it off.  I'll probably take it to Carter Road this afternoon for a "shakedown" ride.  But then again, I may just drive around town with it on the back of the car.  ;)

Thanks for the compliments.   ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Тгірlе Т

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »
So, I took my new toy out today and rode it at Carter Road.  Did not ride Sneaky Snake, Big Mama's House, the fingers, The Beast, or The Moe.  Yeah, yeah, I know...easy ride.  I was being easy, just wanted to get a feel for the new girl.  ;)

All I have to say is...HOLY SH**!!  This bike is friggen awesome...IMHO of course.  First impression I had on it was that it's a much more forgiving bike than what I had been riding.  I found myself NOT having to muscle it around.  It's more of a finesse bike.  It rode like a dream and I was able to make a lot of things so much easier than before.  Was also able to clean the paver climb into roller coaster for the very first time...EVER.   ;D

Of course it feels different under me.  And sounds different as well.  It will take some getting used to, but I love it.  Also got some more pics.   
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
So, I took my new toy out today and rode it at Carter Road.  Did not ride Sneaky Snake, Big Mama's House, the fingers, The Beast, or The Moe.  Yeah, yeah, I know...easy ride.  I was being easy, just wanted to get a feel for the new girl.  ;)

All I have to say is...HOLY SH**!!  This bike is friggen awesome...IMHO of course.  First impression I had on it was that it's a much more forgiving bike than what I had been riding.  I found myself NOT having to muscle it around.  It's more of a finesse bike.  It rode like a dream and I was able to make a lot of things so much easier than before.  Was also able to clean the paver climb into roller coaster for the very first time...EVER.   ;D

Of course it feels different under me.  And sounds different as well.  It will take some getting used to, but I love it.  Also got some more pics.   

Great looking bike. What were you riding?

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:03 PM »
IIRC he was riding a Motobecane. OK Tom, no excuses now bro. We are laying the hammer on ya this weekend at Boyette. ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Тгірlе Т

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 08:46:14 PM »
Crap, I'm in trouble aren't I?  Just because I'm in love with my new bike and experienced multiple orgasms while riding at Carter today doesn't mean I'll be able to keep up with the "Cannondale Racers."  ;)

Yeah Gregg, I've been riding a Motobecane for almost 2 years now.  And I've heard all of the negatives about it already.  Other than a rear shock issue, I didn't have any major problems out of it.  But, it did get me involved in the sport and out riding every weekend.  I think that's the most important thing.

Sad thing is, I did make a statement one time along the lines of, "I can't see spending THAT kind of money on a bike when my cheap bike does all that I want it to."  Guess I should retract that now, since I did spend THAT kind of money on my Mojo.  :o
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:36 PM »
Racers! I'm the slowfatguy, and since I'm out front we can't possibly be going that fast! Heck we all ride lefties, can't possibly clean Sandpine on one of these funny forks, right? ;D

Anthem1

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »
When you wheelie with a lefty does your bike fall over to the heavy side? ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 01:31:51 PM »
Crap, I'm in trouble aren't I?  Just because I'm in love with my new bike and experienced multiple orgasms while riding at Carter today doesn't mean I'll be able to keep up with the "Cannondale Racers."  ;)

Yeah Gregg, I've been riding a Motobecane for almost 2 years now.  And I've heard all of the negatives about it already.  Other than a rear shock issue, I didn't have any major problems out of it.  But, it did get me involved in the sport and out riding every weekend.  I think that's the most important thing.

Sad thing is, I did make a statement one time along the lines of, "I can't see spending THAT kind of money on a bike when my cheap bike does all that I want it to."  Guess I should retract that now, since I did spend THAT kind of money on my Mojo.  :o

Been there said that! Enjoy the new ride! ;)