SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 05:38:12 PM] Scott: I have not ridden the last 4 northern miles of yellow since the 50, hopefully we can swing that tommorow as I have forgotten what it is all about

[Today at 05:38:50 PM] Scott: last few times from Tucker I used the 8 mile Bypass

[Today at 05:39:06 PM] StonePony: it's a great stretch

[Today at 05:39:23 PM] Scott: We need to hit it then

[Today at 05:40:01 PM] StonePony: yeah - i honestly like the yellow loop a lot

[Today at 05:40:28 PM] StonePony: when i lived up there it was great to be able to do a quick 1-hour ride and buzz around that patch

[Today at 05:41:29 PM] StonePony: and when I had a little extra time, throw the red connector to sugar mtn in as well

[Today at 05:42:33 PM] StonePony: ok, time to roll -- see you tomorrow at 5

[Today at 05:42:40 PM] Scott: DanO want some Sugar, I am looking forward to it in a sick kind of way too LOL

[Today at 05:42:49 PM] StonePony: haha

[Today at 05:42:52 PM] Scott: C ya 

[Today at 05:43:01 PM] StonePony: ttyl

Advanced search  

News:

Croom Mountain Bike Trail Map available.
Check the Croom Trail Maps section.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help a visitor please  (Read 1719 times)

lupo

• SWAMPer
  • Forum Newbie
help a visitor please
« on: December 03, 2006, 12:32:14 AM »
would someone be so good as to help an out-of-towner.  i was curious to know the closest bike shop to alafia state park...just in case.  and what would you recommend as a secondary park, or should we just ride alafia all weekend?  any help would be most appreciated.

BeerCan

• Global Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: help a visitor please
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »
Near Alafia trail system you have AJ's bike shop on Bloomingdale ave 813-685-2453 and Brandon bike works also on Bloomingdale 813-685-3104.

As far as park choice -- Alafia is great and I could certainly ride the whole weekend there.  If you want change Boyette is close to Alafia.  It offers some nice single track and a couple of intermediate type trails.  Be aware that there are no facilities at boyette to speak of, just one port-o-let.  It is also an approx 2 mile ride from the parking to the trail head.  We also have Trout Creek/Flatwoods if you want easy single track to ride.  It is a nice park with facilities, it also has a paved 7 mile loop if you want to rollerblade or *gasp* ride a road bike.

To Boyette from Alafia -- Make a left out of Alafia park.  About 1 mile down make a right on CR 672.  Stay on CR 672 for about 5(?) miles until you get to Balm Boyette rd.  Make a right and park will be on right about 1-2 miles in.

To Trout Creek/Morris Bridge -- Take I-75 north and exit at Fetcher ave.  Make a left off of the exit ramp and park entrance will be on your left and right about 150 yards down.  Be aware that if you want the paved loop you will need the entrance that is a few miles down fletcher on the left.

Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever
------------------------------------
If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email infoATgovbtDOTcom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 19 queries.