Author Topic: Recent work done  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Recent work done
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
I did some repair work on the soft edge of Vista Ridge next to that pine tree.  It may need some more work, so if anyone rides it let me know how it's holding up.

Today, the sign for GARRY'S LOOP was put up and the trail leading into it defined from two directions.  I also slightly moved the line on the back side that snakes around the second hump.  There is still problems with the low spot just prior to that where the roots push you to the outside edge.  (Save for another day)  I made some minor adjustments to the 180 turn and addressed what might be an erosion issue.  Probably more for that next time.

CANYON is halfway finished - sort of.  I have some lumber there to shore up some edges, and we still need  a crew to finish the second half. 

The line on BIG DROP has been moved to eliminate that hard turn at the bottom and hopefully control the skidding and erosion.  The new line has a nice long runout so you can just roll right through it.  We still need a crew to help finalize that as well.

If you have time to offer help let me know as I will be going out there on different days until it is done.

Garry

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
Re: Recent work done
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
Will you be working on Boyette this coming up Tuesday or Thursday.  I am available for at least one of those days, possibly both if I can get permission from my old lady.
Trips For Kids Tampa- Mountain bike outings and educational opportunities for "at risk" kids www.mtbyouthride.org

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Recent work done
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »
Will you be working on Boyette this coming up Tuesday or Thursday.  I am available for at least one of those days, possibly both if I can get permission from my old lady.

I will be there tomorrow, Saturday, and Tuesday.