Author Topic: No Croom Workday this weekend - go to Boyette  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
No Croom Workday this weekend - go to Boyette
« on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:32 PM »
Bob says there is nothing that needs to be done at Croom for this Saturdays workday so he has canceled it.

That's good news for Boyette because we can get that much closer to finalizing the new trails once and for all.  This has been a long road to get this far and we are so close I can taste it. 

6 years ago or so it was my intent to connect all of the trails at Boyette to one another without having to ride a bunch of two-track to get to them.  The layout of the property doesn't make that perfect, but it is pretty dang close.

We have also added some new trails to that intent as the terrain became discovered which makes Boyette now easily over 25 miles of riding.

Now it's just a matter of grooming and making it a done deal.  To make this dream a final reality we need some bodies.

Tuesday from 8:45a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; Thursday from 8:45 a.m. to 3 :00 p.m.; Saturday from 8:45 a.m. to 3 :00 p.m. Bring gloves, hydration and lunch.

So there you have it - three choices to come out and help put the icing on the cake, so to speak.  With a bunch of dedicated souls I won't have to ask for help next week too.  Hey, that would mean I could go ride!!  YES!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:55:46 PM by Garry »

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: No Croom Workday this weekend - go to Boyette
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
Quick trail report -- I rode the yellow loop yesterday (fairly fast now after last weeks rains) and there's a large tree down across the trail due to the high winds.  Location is north yellow heading SW from the red connector, prior to the green 8 mile bypass.  Too large for me to clear -- will take either 3 or 4 people to lift or 1 with a chainsaw to clear.  It's actually cleanable for skilled riders, but pure XC riders will probably take a pass.  There was another tree down as well but I was able to clear it.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
Another trail update:  fairly large down pine tree on the climb up sugar mtn on the blue loop north of the red connector off north yellow.  I cleared things enough so you can walk your bike over, however I'd be *very* careful trying to ride over the tree as there are a couple of nasty pointed branch remains spiking upward off the trunk that I couldn't break off (I blunted them off but still...not something anyone would want to fall on).  This one will probably need a chainsaw to clear out.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
Hey kudos to whoever is repairing trails at Croom -- both locations have been cleared within a couple of days of reporting them.

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
Hey kudos to whoever is repairing trails at Croom -- both locations have been cleared within a couple of days of reporting them.

Bob Wilcox, the Trail Boss at Croom cleaned it up.  I forwarded your report to him.  Any trail reports can be sent to "trails at swampclub dot org" and all of the trail bosses see it.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »

Bob Wilcox, the Trail Boss at Croom cleaned it up.  I forwarded your report to him.  Any trail reports can be sent to "trails at swampclub dot org" and all of the trail bosses see it.
  Awesome, thanks -- I'll use that email alias in the future.  And thanks Bob if you see this -- climbing up the sand on Sugar mtn (without going around it) was tough enough without that tree to climb over.   :)