Author Topic: How are conditions at alifia  (Read 1645 times)

Offline RyanFDLE

• Huffy Rider
How are conditions at alifia
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »
Two of my friends and I are thinking of going riding tomorrow morning, How are the trails doing? Thanks.

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: How are conditions at alafia
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »
 Gatorback - Some of the hills had some wet clay making it very tough to climb.

Bridges - Probably the best condition of any of the trails.  No mud, no standing water, just hard pack.

Roller Coaster (both loops) - A few areas of standing water. The first loop is pretty rough; once again b/c of the wet clay. The second loop is fine, though the roots when wet are very slick.

Moonscape - Started, but couldn't finish the first climb (it was that slippery).  Probably best to skip this one.

North Creek - A few areas of standing water at the beginning of the trail, but the rest of it is hard packed with no mud. Great condition for this time of year.

Rock Garden - Bring a snorkel. There were issues on this trail last year at this time and it's worse now. It should be closed b/c of how much standing water is on it. Avoid this trail for now.

Rabbit Ears - The first one (coming from Bridges) has slick clay making it rough. Skipped the other two.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:52:54 AM by Garry »

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
Re: How are conditions at alafia
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »
Moonscape - Started, but couldn't finish the first climb (it was that slippery).  Probably best to skip this one.

That first climb gets nasty.  It's also a good indicator as to whether or not the trail is able to be ridden.
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Clay

• Huffy Rider
Re: How are conditions at alifia
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
Thanks for the rundown Gary!!! Sounds pretty wet....