Author Topic: Boyette conditions 7/11/09  (Read 1753 times)

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette conditions 7/11/09
« on: July 11, 2009, 05:18:53 PM »
Hi all,
Just a heads up to the trail conditions at Boyette.
We had a good workday today with a large crew, but unfortunatly were not able to get to everything that needed work.

Most all of the trails should be in good riding condition with long overdue repairs to the climbout just after the Bridge O'Loch Ness, trimming of the Quadrants, West Meadow, Spider Berm, and Gator Pit.   As well as mowing of the open grassy trails.   Overgrowth and repairs in North Abyss and Canyon were done too.

Tough thing is Sidewinder, SWAMP Thing, Garry's Loop and Ridgeline all are still in need of repairs, so they are still closed.

The other 18 or 19 miles of trails have all been cleaned up for you, so a little more patience and we will get the more technical sections cleaned up as well.

Join us on our next workday to make this happen quicker.

Thanks,
Garry Rosseter
SWAMP Club President
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:38:03 PM by Garry »

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Boyette conditions 7/11/09
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
More rain at Boyette.  What wasn't bad Saturday, became wet again over night and this afternoon.  Pandemonium is slick and washed out in places.  Sidewinder, ST, GL, and Ridgeline are still closed for repairs.  North Abyss is pretty good with a couple of rideable soft spots, South Abyss is good for the most part with 1 or 2 slick spots.  The repair done at the Bridge O'Loch Ness is great!  Hog damage on Golfcart makes for some narrow singletrack.  The challenge is on those handling skills; no tire tracks off the edge.  ;D

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »
Rode today. Loch ness's are in good shape. Randy's trail in good shape. Gator pit has some face smackers on the upper return. Golf cart is ok. North abyss is OK with only one soft spot. South abyss is ok right up to the point where I cracked a couple ribs. Had to cut the ride short.

Rain held off today and the trails are starting to dry out a bit. We didnt go near Pandemonium, sidewinder etc.......

"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »
I also snuck in a ride here yesterday.  Conditions were superb.  Only mild issue I noticed was some mild rain wash-out/rutting on one of the drops about half way through South Abyss.