Author Topic: Singletrack Samurai Productions Presents: Dirty DANO's 100 April 17th 8am  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Singletrack Samurai

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Salsa Mamasita & Fixie War Machine
You could technically finish this ride on any of those bikes. Its up to you really.. I will be on my geared 29er for this one, mainly cause I am preparing for an event where I will be using said bike,  If not I would probably ride my SS 29er

Offline Clay

• Huffy Rider
Sweet, thanks for the suggestions my man, SS is sounding pretty nice!!!!!! 1 gear = 100 miles, sounds pretty fun!!

Offline Clay

• Huffy Rider
How about avg speed, what are you guy's churning for this journey?

• Cycling Sherpa
How about avg speed, what are you guy's churning for this journey?

Day off I will be working Hosting duties and Sag support and all the other finer things.

But 10mph is doable.

Offline rob_squared

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Rob Rides For Pink - TD Blog
With Squiggy now set for 4/25, what are you gonna do for training?? Hint - Hint

Registration closes April 1.

Rob/\2

• Cycling Sherpa
Interesting Factoid about the DANO.

We currently have more registered riders coming up from West Palm Beach then we got riders in our area coming out to do it.

Show some LOVE to SSP, show some LOVE To DANO, drop a lil cash, support your local grassroot touring and racing company and have a kick ass experience with SSP.  IF you have never attended an event you should, they are the BEST dollar for dollar value in the business!!!

Online ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
I'd like to do it. Think I've got the money sorted out for next month now. Just need to see some checks come in to be sure I have it covered.

After doing the Santo's Epic this weekend with the mtb I'm pretty sure I could do the vast majority of it with the cyclocross bike. Some spots in Santos that would get the hike-a-bike treatment and I'd skip the vortex entirely. The 48.4 mi epic was nice and really not that hard but I don't think I'd want to haul that bike and the fat tires for a hundred just yet. Plus I think it would be nice to have the panniers if it's pretty mostly unsupported.

Offline rob_squared

• Cycling Sherpa
The Stumpknockers after-ride meal is going to be served overlooking the Withlacoochee River on the back patio. The setting is great. A very scenic place.

The menu is awesome and your registration for food includes:
Choice of beef, chicken or catfish. This will come with a dinner salad, baked potato and a side vegetable. Tea, water, lemonade, tax, and tip included in the registration. You only need to be there!

They are also allowing us the use of their parking lot for the ride! Where you start is where you end and your car is right there.

Keep in mind at the turn around we are also going to have pizza to fuel you up and keep you going.

This is going to be so much fun!!
 Rob/\2

• Cycling Sherpa
As well there will be A Sag wagon or wagons rolling around.  If you feel you need water or support or you have a drop bag to minimize what you carry we can accomodate that as well.

gonna be fun!

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
is that bad section that was hike a bike right before the restaurant better off than when we road....um walked it?

I think we were all surprised when we got there - the bull dozers had done a lot of damage.

Offline Jonesy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Will there be a listing of participants put up soon? Would like to see who the competition is  ;)

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Yellow Jersey
Will there be a listing of participants put up soon? Would like to see who the competition is  ;)

is it a race?  Heck, that is an off week for roadie stuff.

Offline rob_squared

• Cycling Sherpa
not a race. a tour....

the sandy section is complete - no more bulldozers. but is soft in some spots. i rode it on the HURACAN. no hike a bike needed. if it rains it will be soft and muddy though.

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Yellow Jersey
not a race. a tour....

the sandy section is complete - no more bulldozers. but is soft in some spots. i rode it on the HURACAN. no hike a bike needed. if it rains it will be soft and muddy though.

I almost wanted to cry when I turned that corner and saw the dozer damage plus water

Offline rob_squared

• Cycling Sherpa
if its wet that will be the least fun part of the route, for sure. It's only a mile or so long and all that bullzozer work was a good thing; they raised parts of the road bed and put culverts under. those sections have a rock surface. between those areas it is still sandy.