Author Topic: Rented a 29er FS!!!  (Read 484 times)

Offline Coach

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Re: Rented a 29er FS!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 10:08:35 AM »
Duh, guess if I had re-read the original post, that would have helped.

Thats OK Coach, it stinks getting old like us..:)

It's not the age it's the MILEAGE!!!
"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Wake, Smoke, Ride, Work, Sex, Sleep....Day by Day
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 08:49:48 PM »
So Thursday I rented a Stumpjumper 29er.  I absolutely loved it!!!  I currently have a Gary Fisher Opie and I am looking to upgrade, so I rented this bike and rode out at Alafia this week.  I want to rent a Gary Fisher HIFI 29er and give it a shot before I commit to buy...Right now I am definitely leaning towards the Stumpjumper though!!!  Just wanted to share my experience.  ;D

If youre talking about that dark red one at AJ's, that bike is the shizzle!!!!  only thing I would upgrade was the fork to a FOX (just because im biased :)  ).   That Specialized poops on the GF...
Ill bunny hop you bitch!!!

Offline Alan

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: 2009 GF Paragon, 2008 Redline MC29er
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
So Thursday I rented a Stumpjumper 29er.  I absolutely loved it!!!  I currently have a Gary Fisher Opie and I am looking to upgrade, so I rented this bike and rode out at Alafia this week.  I want to rent a Gary Fisher HIFI 29er and give it a shot before I commit to buy...Right now I am definitely leaning towards the Stumpjumper though!!!  Just wanted to share my experience.  ;D

It may have been said already, but the Rumblefish would be a more direct comparison to the Stumpjumper (Rumblefish has 120mm travel as opposed to the 100mm on the HiFi). 

Try giving the local GF dealers a call.  They may have one together that you can pedal around the parking lot.  The G2 geometry is a love it or hate it deal.  It took me a bit to get adjusted to my Paragon but ever since I dialed it in the bike has been an absolute blast.

Offline ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:04 AM »
I like the G2 geo on my 26" HiFi for the most part. It's very comfortable and feels more natural than most but I also find it's prone to bump steer especially when braking.