Author Topic: New bike,alafia on saturday  (Read 416 times)

Offline Sirbikesalot

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
New bike,alafia on saturday
« on: March 21, 2010, 06:43:57 AM »
We all probably know the feeling...
Friday night I could hardly sleep knowing in the morning I was taking my new bike offroad for the first time.I was expecting alafia to be very crowded by the time I got there at 10am but it wasnt.The ride was "EPIC" I must say.Till yesterday I missed terribly my rockymountain etsx that I had to sell two years ago.I almost bought a yeti but quickly found out they are now made in china,almost bought an intense but was concerned about buying online without a test ride.I was deadset against a specialized at first just because you see so many of them I didnt want the same thing everyone else has.Having bought 6 bikes from the same bike shop they gave me a deal I really couldnt refuse on my new epic.
The x9 shifters were AMAZING the xo rear was spot on the brain shock did its job perfectly and the fox fork kept me on the bike on more than one occasion.This bike (after one ride) just may take the place of my beloved etsx...Boyette,here I come.

Offline MM

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Boyette rocks
    • You Tube
  • My Bike: 2009 Trek 8000 XTR drivetrain, XT cranks, Reba SL, Juicy five's
Re: New bike,alafia on saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:36:11 AM »
How was it in bed?

Online Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Cannondale Rush Feminine 3
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
You know, I just got a Cannondale Rush 3 (Feminine model, P size) and have been riding it for a little over a week now.  Let me see, I've ridden it the 13th, 14th, 15th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and today.  (We ignored the weather predictions and got rained on at Croom; it was glorious.)  2x at Croom, 2x at Boyette, once at Alafia, and the rest from TC.

I would say that I love my new bike, too.  I'd take it to bed if I could.  Don't think hubby would like that too much. :o

Jennifer

Offline Sirbikesalot

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
LOL,my wife would just laugh and send me to the couch.
Cannondale makes some nice bikes too.Had a prophet that I really enjoyed.The lefty fork had me explaining the fork more than riding though.

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• *SPECIALIZED* My Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 07:29:25 PM »
LOL,my wife would just laugh and send me to the couch.
Cannondale makes some nice bikes too.Had a prophet that I really enjoyed.The lefty fork had me explaining the fork more than riding though.
they should make a Righty.