Author Topic: Any interest on doing the Clemont Horrible 30/70/100 route THIS SATURDAY?  (Read 241 times)

Online SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
Okay closet roadies... if you haven't ridden Sugar Loaf (or want to ride again) here is another chance.  Sugar Loaf Mt is the highest point in Florida in Clemont.

I am stuck in Orlando all weekend and need a ride.  I am going to take advantage and go ride the 2009 Horrible 100 route.  Well, part of it anyway.  We can do 30-70 ish miles.  I will try for 70 but it may be less.  Hopefully avg speed at end will be about 18 or less.  Parking at the Clermont Waterfront Park on East Avenue, Clermont, FL 34711.  (Directions: SR 50 to East Avenue, north to Palm Lane, turn left).  I hope to ride out by no later then 7:30am so let me know if you are interested or want to start a bit later.

Here is the full 100 route but again, I will do 30-70 miles.  2009 Horrible 100 Route  Let me know.

Online ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Totally self-supported I assume. The horrible was fun but I'm not sure how fun it would be without SAG support and in the summer heat.