Author Topic: Good old days  (Read 208 times)

Offline Chriss

• First Bike
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
Good old days
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:24:37 PM »
Riding alone at boyette last week had me thinking about old times.I remember 10 or so years ago when I first found boyette.Most of the time I would be the only car in the parking lot.Even on weekends.The open prairy area was much bigger and there were 3 trails that wound through this area,now there is only one.golfcart was the farthest trail from the parking area and my brother and I would spend hours making little sections for our own fun.In fact I often wonder if the folks who made the new trails ever stumbled upon one of our old playgrounds.Although most of our sections would be unseeable by the next trip.
Then we started hearing rumors of alafia,man we were pumped trying to find it.we discovered alafia while searching blindly by driving all over the place.once alafia opened to riding I really never went back to boyette much,alafia was too fun.
Now the parking area at boyette  isnt big enough to hold all the cars and many trails have sprung up in areas that were out of bounds before.I am truly very happy that boyette has become so popular and very appreciative to all who have made this are one of the best places to mountain bike in the state if not the entire east coast.
BTW,If you ever have a chance to ride a place called "Pee wees"mtb park in NC or my fave just cause I lived next to it "South shore" in hickory ya gotta stop for a few hours.South shore is half single track and half extreme northshore type riding.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:32:11 PM by Chriss »
I'm not a democrat or republican,I'm an American!

Offline Coach

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Good old days
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
Hickory NC???  My grandparents live there.  I may be heading there in a couple of weeks.  I will p.m. you for some trail info if you don't mind.
"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach

Offline DogBone51

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
    • Seductive Cycles
  • My Bike: 10 Scott Spark - Fulcrum Red Metal 1, XT, Rock Shox.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
I remember that. When I moved back to the area from Germany, Boyette was nothing more then a couple of trails that made a loop. I use to get to Boyette from Balm Riverview Road. There was a section of trails that connected Boyette to Balm Riverview. That was really the only game in town. Now that I'm back into the sport and made Boyette my local stomping ground I cant even recognize it as the park I use to ride at once upon a time. YIKES Almost 15 years ago! Damn, I'm getting old!  :(

Offline Chriss

• First Bike
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:18:23 PM »
Hickory NC???  My grandparents live there.  I may be heading there in a couple of weeks.  I will p.m. you for some trail info if you don't mind.
Yes let me know.The trails are reallllly fun.If you google search south shore hickory you will get directions and google pee wees mtb park you will also get directions.Pee wees has a couple dollar fee.
I'm not a democrat or republican,I'm an American!