Author Topic: Croom trail status after enduro...  (Read 349 times)

Offline psychlyst

• Huffy Rider
  • I eat paste...
  • My Bike: 06 Specialized FSR XC Pro
Croom trail status after enduro...
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
Anyone been out to Croom since the MX enduro? Curious how bad trails are...gotta meet a friend at Beefs on SR50 Fri. afternoon and figured I'd get a few miles in while I'm up there...what trails did they get to ride on...anyone know? Thanx

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Croom trail status after enduro...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
Anyone been out to Croom since the MX enduro? Curious how bad trails are...gotta meet a friend at Beefs on SR50 Fri. afternoon and figured I'd get a few miles in while I'm up there...what trails did they get to ride on...anyone know? Thanx

The agreement we finally reached with Forestry is that the motorcycles do not go North of Croom Road.  The use a portion of the South Blue and we get to cut in new trail to replace it which should be complete by the time of the Croom 50.  We can still ride the section they use but it is not an official MTB trail. 

What this means is each year they get to use the same trail for their race as Mother Nature heals it over a years time and it does not infringe on our trail.  We have dedicated MTB trails to enjoy and everybody should be happy.

Offline psychlyst

• Huffy Rider
  • I eat paste...
  • My Bike: 06 Specialized FSR XC Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
Thanx garry-good to know they're limited in their tearing up...er use of the trails.Dealing with the sugar sand under normal conditions is tough enough! :P

Offline rob_squared

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Rob Rides For Pink - TD Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:07:48 AM »
Motorcycles were absolutely north of Croom-Rital road. When I arrived to croom around midnight during the CFITT on Saturday, I intersected with one of the trails they were to use. Though I did not see any indication they used any of the trails SWAMP maintains.

I rode from 12-mile bailout north to red connector to yellow to green short cut back to yellow stopping at Tucker Hill.

When I went to pick up Karlos at Tucker HIll Sunday morning, there were signs to warn of 'motorcycle race crossing' on Croom-Rital and a guys standing there to stop traffic so motorcycles could cross the road.

Since I didn't ride any other trials in the forest, I can't comment on where else they may have been.

Offline DonMac

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Cannondale Rush
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »
The trails I saw were totally trashed due to the dry conditions, very sandy. The yellow loop was not ridden on at all.

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:44:49 PM »
Most of the trails are separate now but not all--not yet anyway--but like Garry said--they will be.

Mike Cole