Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Opinions of SWAMP  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
Re: Opinions of SWAMP
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
Thanks for splitting this from the Bike Bash thread.

Hmmm...not gonna join but that $20 a year helps pay for this lovely forum.  In addition to the trails.

Now, he may have a point.  A good buddy of mine is a mountain bike rider, but I mention SWAMP and he rolls his eyes and says, 'what a bunch of *holes.'  He didn't just randomly come up with that opinion.  He obviously had a bad encounter or two.  His wife feels the same.

Remember Halfbreed and his flame-o-war with a SWAMPer who he felt was disrespectful to his wife?  One person being less than gracious can turn into a bad impression of a whole group.

Maybe we do have a PR problem.

I'll be at the Bike Bash, representing SWAMP with a smile on my face.  If you have time, join me and if we've somehow created a negative impression, let's help turn it around.

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »
I heard some anti-swamp talk in the parking lot a couple weeks ago.  They had never been on a swamp ride(me neither) or workday(imagine that) but still had their opinion.  Why do they hate swamp?  Because the trails don't have enough jumps and drops, because the rains come and require dirt to be thrown on roots, because something is not how they want it, hate to say it, but get over it and go build your own trails.  OP, I have never seen anyone on the board begging for money or additional members so I guess the rapidly dwinding membership is not that big of a deal.  MM can verify that I am the friendliest guy in the lot so this is not a roadie with a bad attitude posting.

And slowjennfizz, what a pleasant and nice response!!

Offline ProEdgeBiker

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 11:48:42 AM »
Thanks for splitting this from the Bike Bash thread.

Hmmm...not gonna join but that $20 a year helps pay for this lovely forum.  In addition to the trails.

Now, he may have a point.  A good buddy of mine is a mountain bike rider, but I mention SWAMP and he rolls his eyes and says, 'what a bunch of *holes.'  He didn't just randomly come up with that opinion.  He obviously had a bad encounter or two.  His wife feels the same.

Remember Halfbreed and his flame-o-war with a SWAMPer who he felt was disrespectful to his wife?  One person being less than gracious can turn into a bad impression of a whole group.

Maybe we do have a PR problem.

I'll be at the Bike Bash, representing SWAMP with a smile on my face.  If you have time, join me and if we've somehow created a negative impression, let's help turn it around.

I think there's a huge misconception here to the outsider visiting the forum for the 1st time.
IMO, (since it happened to me) everyone assumes that everyone that participates in this forum is a SWAMP member.
On the trail, I've found nothing but helpful SWAMPers before i joined.

ClubMud, has their forum setup so that if you're not a paying member, you have very limited access to their forums.
Maybe this is the way that this forum should be?

Just A thought.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »
Jen, Beathebabby is HalfBreed.... just so you know..

But since this thread has been split off I will respond now also.

I have had my issues with Swamper's and SWAMP in the past, but I have never let it effect my supporting the Club's work for the Trails it builds, maintains, and supports. I gladly pay my Family membership and help with trail work when I can. I also took the National Mountain Bike patrol class to help keep the trails safe and I also try and do trail reports and help out anyway I can.

No I do not like the fact that most club rides are on Sunday mornings when I attend Church, and I don't feel like I am in the "Click" part of the club, but I do feel I can help support the trails by paying my dues and doing trail work when I can. Paying the $20 or $30 does not make you a part of the "Membership Bureaucracy" what ever that is, it just shows that you support the work that it takes to keep these trails open and well maintained...

Offline BeatTheBabby

• Huffy Rider
    • HalfBreed Productions Extreme Sports Videos and Photography
  • My Bike: 2008 Eastern Slash
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

Darrin,  EVERYONE knows!!  all you do is talk about me, make sure everyone is paying attention.  You dont like me because I passed your son on SST (By the way, my son rides and I would not trip if someone made a safe pass around him).  I could care less about you.  But you are starting to become harrassing, always making comments to EVERYTHING I post.  Dude, i asked you to not respond or talk to me, as a man.  You still feel it nessesary to stir up crap.  You my friend, are one of the people no one likes.  If you dont believe me, come to FSC Sunday and see how many people think your a piece of work, as well as put the "rumor" to rest that SWAMP is soo well loved.  ITS NOT!  because of people like you and a bunch of others.  You can say what you want but how many personal power tools have you used up for trailwork??  I refuse to work with SWAMP on trails for a few reasons.  as a matter of fact, ill clear the air now:

I DO NOT LIKE QUITE A FEW MEMBERS OF SWAMP.  THIS WILL NOT CHANGE.  I WILL HOWEVER CONTINUE TO HELP IN OTHER WAYS THAT ARE NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Would you believe me if I told you I have personally met and rode with Garry @ Boyette to assess everything but the quads and to design a fix for the lowest spot in ridgeline?  Well I did buddy.  And I have also blown out 2 edgers and a chainsaw chain or two out at Boyette in the last year so feel free to STFU

This id the last time I will ask you.  PLEASE, do not talk, respond or say anything about me.  We will have problems.....

Oh yeah, EClark, you ARE one of the nices guys at the trailhead, second to me :)     

Koby , or , Halfbreed,  Or Beatthebabby

-I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away....

Offline BeatTheBabby

• Huffy Rider
    • HalfBreed Productions Extreme Sports Videos and Photography
  • My Bike: 2008 Eastern Slash
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »
Jen, the situation you were speaking of was with FactorE, Darrin200whateverhisnumberis, and ProEdgeBiker...

They believed it was me posting something under my wifes account.  She expained it wasnt, and they continued to harrass and discount everything she was saying.  FactorE (knowing we were married)  even asked her to meet him to go out and then for her phone number.  VERY UNACCEPTABLE.  These are 3 paid SWAMP members.... 
-I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away....

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »
Hey look...a dead horse!  Lets beat it!!

Offline ProEdgeBiker

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
Jen, the situation you were speaking of was with FactorE, Darrin200whateverhisnumberis, and ProEdgeBiker...

They believed it was me posting something under my wifes account.  She expained it wasnt, and they continued to harrass and discount everything she was saying.  FactorE (knowing we were married)  even asked her to meet him to go out and then for her phone number.  VERY UNACCEPTABLE.  These are 3 paid SWAMP members.... 

LOL! dont include me in anything dude.

Offline Diesel#1

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Seductive Cycles
  • My Bike: Scott Spark - Red Metal 1, XTR, RaceFace, KCNC, Magura, RockShox.
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »

Darrin,  EVERYONE knows!!  all you do is talk about me, make sure everyone is paying attention.  You dont like me because I passed your son on SST (By the way, my son rides and I would not trip if someone made a safe pass around him).  I could care less about you.  But you are starting to become harrassing, always making comments to EVERYTHING I post.  Dude, i asked you to not respond or talk to me, as a man.  You still feel it nessesary to stir up crap.  You my friend, are one of the people no one likes.  If you dont believe me, come to FSC Sunday and see how many people think your a piece of work, as well as put the "rumor" to rest that SWAMP is soo well loved.  ITS NOT!  because of people like you and a bunch of others.  You can say what you want but how many personal power tools have you used up for trailwork??  I refuse to work with SWAMP on trails for a few reasons.  as a matter of fact, ill clear the air now:

I DO NOT LIKE QUITE A FEW MEMBERS OF SWAMP.  THIS WILL NOT CHANGE.  I WILL HOWEVER CONTINUE TO HELP IN OTHER WAYS THAT ARE NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Would you believe me if I told you I have personally met and rode with Garry @ Boyette to assess everything but the quads and to design a fix for the lowest spot in ridgeline?  Well I did buddy.  And I have also blown out 2 edgers and a chainsaw chain or two out at Boyette in the last year so feel free to STFU

This id the last time I will ask you.  PLEASE, do not talk, respond or say anything about me.  We will have problems.....

Oh yeah, EClark, you ARE one of the nices guys at the trailhead, second to me :)     

Koby , or , Halfbreed,  Or Beatthebabby

I like Darrin just fine. I mean sure he rides on crap tires and is always searching for the perfect rubber, but that doesn't make him a bad person. I'll even give you the fact that he's a little over weight and I know how no one likes Clydesdale's going all slow and junk hogging up the trails, but that still doesn't make him a bad person. Maybe your outward anger toward him is related to you inner displeasure with yourself? Granted, I don't know you and have never met you so I only make this statement based on your angry threads. I bet when I do get the opportunity to meet you, you and I would get along fabulously.

I'm just saying...