Samsung Epic
1 (9.1%)
Iphone 4
2 (18.2%)
Other
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: November 08, 2010, 01:28:28 PM

Author Topic: Best phone on the trails!  (Read 255 times)

Offline jmdeluca05

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Best phone on the trails!
« on: November 03, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »
I think the Iphone 4 is the best phone on the trails!  Camera, GPS, Apps....The IPOD!

Opinions please!

Offline jdk

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I LIKE BIKES
Re: Best phone on the trails!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »
My opinion is that you shouldn't use an iPod on the trails :P

Anyway, I'm an android user myself and the only thing I really care about as far as biking related functionality are GPS apps to record my rides (helpful for keeping logs, seeing where improvements can be made, etc), and being able to make an emergency call if something goes wrong. Most of the GPS apps I can find for Android are pretty buggy, and MotionX on the iPhone is definitely pretty solid. Only thing iPhone has against it is AT&T, but I think they have coverage on most of the local trail systems.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:13:24 PM by jdk »

^Me, while riding a Turner.

Offline jmdeluca05

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
My opinion is that you shouldn't use an iPod on the trails :P

Anyway, I'm an android user myself and the only thing I really care about as far as biking related functionality are GPS apps to record my rides (helpful for keeping logs, seeing where improvements can be made, etc), and being able to make an emergency call if something goes wrong. Most of the GPS apps I can find for Android are pretty buggy, and MotionX on the iPhone is definitely pretty solid. Only thing iPhone has against it is AT&T, but I think they have coverage on most of the local trail systems.

I'm evil, and do listen to music while riding, but I make sure I can still here everything else.  Heck, I use to chill out on the picnic table by woods trail, and watch TV on my old Iphone. 

Funny, but no signal from AT&T in the parking lots at Boyette or Alafia, but always a signal on the trails.  Plus I love the 15.00 data plan. 

Offline Diesel#311

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • Seductive Cycles
  • My Bike: Scott Spark - Red Metal 1, XTR, RaceFace, KCNC, Magura, RockShox.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 07:53:58 AM »
Any Android phone! Samsung Galaxy S phones For The Win!