Author Topic: "Its Not about the Bike"  (Read 151 times)

Online Redriderpro

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Ellsworth Moment
"Its Not about the Bike"
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
Today at Boyette, there were a lot of people... but just 8 in our group. Riders ( most) were over 40, some over 50 at one over 60.
Bikes: Ellsworth Epiphany, IBIS Mojo SL, Lightspeed Hardtail, Trek/Fisher 29er Dually,another IBIS Sl ( Mighty Bling!),Ellsworth Moment,A Kona dually ( Bling too!) and a some what out of sorts ( for this group of bikes) Redline 29er ridged single speed.

Things observed:

IT IS all about the Motor!

One might think that someone ( Alan) (even though younger then us) might have a hard time keep up with everyone because of the Redline SS mentioned above. Nope, from my rearward vantage point, he seemed to be having no problem keeping up with the front runners. Yes, I suspect he was working harder & taking more of a beating then most were, but I'm sure he was enjoying the ride as much as everyone if not more.
( While on a bike that cost less then any of the other bikes wheel set or fork)

Greg ( and his new Kona) is showing what a lot of saddle time and correct eating of the past year will do for you. Makes you FAST!

An IBIS Mojo SL that weighs less than 24 lb, really takes off when you lay down the power! ( After getting off my 29 lb Ellsworth Moment)
( Good to ride with you Tom)

Age is just a number, because my Bud Tom @ 61 was good to go at any speed those guys went. ( Ellsworth Epi)

I'm finally ready to get back into my before broken leg condition, being fat and slow sucks, it starts anew Sat am!

I enjoyed chasing all of you guys..

Frank

"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
Re: "Its Not about the Bike"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
I enjoyed riding with you as well Frank.  Although my ride was MUCH better after you helped me sort out my mechanical.  I appreciate it.
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Sirbikesalot

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:10:40 PM »
MAN.wish I would have known about this ride.I spent the day at flatwoods with a group of almost newbies and some were 55+ We had fun though.

Online Alan

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: 2009 GF Paragon, 2008 Redline MC29er
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:09:27 AM »
Thanks Frank!  My legs took a heck of a beating yesterday (almost blew up in the first 8-10 miles trying to keep pace with Gregg, Tim, and Garrett).  Great riding with everyone!