Author Topic: off roading and dune buggies  (Read 172 times)

Offline silentneko

• Clipless Mountain Goat
off roading and dune buggies
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
Publish
This is obviously a bit off topic but since you guys live in this area I figured I would ask. I just got back from a cruise where we went on a dune buggy trip and it was freaking awsome! Some of the most fun I have had in years. Here's a video of our adventure.
xrails_0002.wmv

So now I'm all fired up to maybe add a dune buggy to my offroad collection someday, I've always wanted an old sandrail or meyers manx dune buggy.
My question is, does anyone know of a good, legal, place to go offroading in central florida? I live in Lakeland so as close as possible would be great. I read about a county owned park they were making south of mulberry but can't find any info on it after late 2010. I'm not looking for anything nuts, just a cool place to zip along some trails, and I don't want to be anywhere I'm not supposed to be, or rip up anyones nice bike trails or anything. Thanks.

Offline Redriderpro

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Ellsworth Moment
Re: off roading and dune buggies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »
Publish
For a local alternative....

http://www.croomatvrental.com/

Not cheap, but close by and fun!  No "real" buggies but don't discount the fun of a four wheeler.
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline silentneko

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: off roading and dune buggies
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »
Publish
Thanks for the info, but I'd need to rent 2 of them and at those prices it will cost me half of what the buggy will cost just for a day. If he is staying busy then more power to him, but man that seems really steep to me.