SWAMP Community Forums
October 26, 2008, 08:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

History Commands

[Yesterday at 06:14:23 PM] bikehard: jdk u can t hitch a ride if you change ur mind

[Yesterday at 06:16:00 PM] jdk: It would be monumentally stupid 

[Yesterday at 06:16:02 PM] jdk: for me to go

[Yesterday at 06:16:27 PM] jdk: I know I shouldn't

[Yesterday at 06:16:38 PM] bikehard: u still sore?

[Yesterday at 06:17:29 PM] jdk: oh yeah.. I bruised a rib

[Yesterday at 06:17:39 PM] bikehard: yeah, i would probably not go

[Yesterday at 06:17:45 PM] bikehard: let that sucker heal

[Yesterday at 06:18:37 PM] bikehard: aight, I'm out for now , dinner w/ the wife / be back later

[Yesterday at 09:32:06 PM] mksandoz: good luck to all racing FSC at Alafia tomorrow!!! reprasent SWAMP!

[Yesterday at 09:36:25 PM] BillT: good luck to all those racing tomorrow...make that home field advantage count!

[Yesterday at 09:55:43 PM] jdk: good luck ladies and gentlemen

News: Remember to login to view all of the boards and topics available to you.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom Trail Conditions  (Read 3760 times)
Forum Manager
Administrator
Cycling Sherpa

Use the big ring!

« on: September 09, 2006, 11:33:30 PM »

From Marcel:

I did Croom Thursday morning.  From parking #1 I did all of the North Blue loop in a clockwise direction starting off with the Red trail.  All of the north blue has had a lot of rain so no sand dunes anywhere.  It is packed and fast.  There is little overgrowth and no areas that need any clipping.  All the pits and drunken monkey are in great shape.  The pig snot mud has started to get packed in and very little left to stick to your tires.

The spots that could be improve is the blue trail section from the second bailout on the left.  (if you looking at the map pointed north) The trail snakes back east in a downhill.  You actually loose the trail because it is not marked and the trail does not get much traffic there.  Markers are badly needed there.  There is a section with a pit with rocks where the trail used to go into.  It has been closed off with dead trees but no clear sign on how you should go around it.  There are several dead three on these parts of the trail but easy to go around or hop over.

The burned section around sugar hill could use some signs as well.  It was a bit confusing on which way to go to avoid sugar hill and go on toward the pits.  Once you get to the top of sugar hill there is also no clear signs on how to get back on the trail.

Starting with sugar hills the trails are not marked with "easier" or "harder" signs or even the nick names of the trails sections.  They are only marked if you are going counter clockwise.  Those sections should be marked in both directions.  Specially all the harder sections of the pits and drunken monkey.

Cya...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:49:48 PM by Forum Manager » Logged

Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

Saturday March 17, 2007
Down tree between the two bail-out points inside forest road 7 and forest road 9 on the Blue Trail and another one South of forest road 8 just yard away from the Clay pit these trees requires chainsaw to be cleared. Blue, red and yellow trails are packed just be careful with the leaves and some 2"-3" branches on the trails.

Kevan
Assistant Wheel Spinner
Global Moderator
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »

Sunday, March 24, 2007

Trails in pretty good shape although we stayed on the west end today. South and North Yellow, some North Blue.

Still some trees down in a couple of areas so watch your head.

Cannondale Prophet 1000 (Blue)
Kevan
Assistant Wheel Spinner
Global Moderator
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

Sunday April 22, 2007

Trails in good shape, still some sand even after the recent rain but not as bad as you would think.

Nice ride today

Cannondale Prophet 1000 (Blue)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: