SWAMP Community Forums
February 02, 2008, 01:03:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where exactly is DOOM???  (Read 235 times)
scubastud
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« on: December 08, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »

I rode/walked Moonscape the other day and I'm not quite sure exactly where Doom is.........

I rode the trail until the first split.........ended up walking to the right ( I think) and it looped around ( tough climb/ downhill) and appeared to tie back in at some point.........looked ridable but tough of course.

However, I stayed to the left and came to the next intersection where a trail went off to the left and climbed a ridge where the option I rode was running parallel the entire way while the hard option went up and down this ridge...........the option had a TOUGH downhill with a decent drop off in the end......I walked it and one point of the trail appears to possibly be the highest point in the entire park?? Is this doom or some other option??

Thanks for any insight.........

"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »

After you enter moonscape and do the first little climbs and the drop( M. Killanewbie),then the low trail that winds around the hill and up to the 180 degree turn, thru the rocky climb and finally down the long sweeping downhill to the left , you hair pin back to the left and up a climband where it goes back down there's a trail right to your left with a tough root (for me), and a climb to a ridge section that leads to acouple ups and downs and an immediate left hand drop. Thats Doom.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:40:13 PM »

I rode/walked Moonscape the other day and I'm not quite sure exactly where Doom is.........

I rode the trail until the first split.........ended up walking to the right ( I think) and it looped around ( tough climb/ downhill) and appeared to tie back in at some point.........looked ridable but tough of course.

This section is Doom.

However, I stayed to the left and came to the next intersection where a trail went off to the left and climbed a ridge where the option I rode was running parallel the entire way while the hard option went up and down this ridge...........the option had a TOUGH downhill with a decent drop off in the end......I walked it and one point of the trail appears to possibly be the highest point in the entire park??

This section is after Doom joins back in and is unofficially called No Dab Ridge.

scubastud
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:09:12 PM »

Good to know........I will have to try Doom...........looks  tough but I'll have to give it a shot........

now that ridge called you call 'No dab ridge' ....now that looks TOUGH !!!

"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:59 AM »

Thanks Harvey, I didn't know that had a name.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
MOOSE
First Bike

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »

Pic of the drop at Doom. Funny how it doesn't look like much... and it really is a chamois filler... The line has changed from this older pic but it's probably tougher now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: