SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Yesterday at 06:40:42 PM] Darrinw2001: I would have bailed AND Bonked... 

[Yesterday at 06:45:37 PM] ProEdgeBiker.com: The ole' hit the gas instead of the brake trick

[Yesterday at 06:46:09 PM] ProEdgeBiker.com: Snowbirds

[Yesterday at 06:50:56 PM] catman: I saw peope with huge winter coats,scarfs, and gloves on today around noon time. Maybe I'm crazy but I only had on jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt

[Yesterday at 06:59:31 PM] Dan-o: yeah I always knew you were crazy

[Yesterday at 08:25:32 PM] Garry: Crazy

[Yesterday at 09:39:16 PM] mellowme17: weather wasent that bad today

[Yesterday at 10:04:55 PM] ProEdgeBiker.com: inside it was great

[Yesterday at 10:11:23 PM] agablaga558: yea weather was fine...i went to boyette and it wasnt cold after the first 10 min

[Today at 12:32:56 AM] khan: hello all

[Today at 12:36:00 AM] motomediafx: Boyette was interesting today. Very slick, good ride though.

[Today at 12:36:21 AM] motomediafx: I mean Alafia....Damn its late, lol

Advanced search  

News:

Boyette Scrub Preserve Trail Map available.
Check the Boyette Trail Maps section.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Gatorback.......for all those that ride it......BE HONEST..............  (Read 9634 times)

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2007 Giant Trance 1
Personally, I ride a Specialized Epic but stay in 1 or 2 gears throughout the entire park...gatorback is easy (except for the bridge...cant get my rear wheel onto the pre-board rocks) and moonscape (the full trail, not the shortened version) is also easy...the tall climb before the stairs is a breeze for me...didn't use to be...can make it up on my first try every time now (including today).

Again, all of this done in 1-2 gears.

Not sure what you're talking about there. Do you ride Doom as well? No dab ridge? Are you able to make the rock step up at the entrance to Doom easily?
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
Personally, I ride a Specialized Epic but stay in 1 or 2 gears throughout the entire park...gatorback is easy (except for the bridge...cant get my rear wheel onto the pre-board rocks) and moonscape (the full trail, not the shortened version) is also easy...the tall climb before the stairs is a breeze for me...didn't use to be...can make it up on my first try every time now (including today).

Not sure what you're talking about there. Do you ride Doom as well? No dab ridge? Are you able to make the rock step up at the entrance to Doom easily?

Superhuman.... 8)

chisel

• Yellow Jersey
wow.

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Maybe I need to run out and buy a Specialized Epic. It's got to be an issue with my bike as I know it's not the rider ;)

ProEdgeBiker.com

• Specialized my Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's

Superhuman.... 8)

Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas

Superhuman.... 8)

;D ;D ;D ;D

treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog

Sam, don't listen to these guys here they are just jealous you make it sound easy where they struggle the most (including me ;D ).

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Treadlight just hangs out on Gatorback supplying highly skilled people like myself with water bottles.

treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog
Treadlight just hangs out on Gatorback supplying highly skilled people like myself with water bottles.
LMAO
Just making sure you survive the drops especially with your pink Schwinn ;)

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Drops are no problem. Long hauls on dirt roads in direct sunlight are another story. And next time I want cold water with a little bit of ice!

Triple T

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka übermensch
  • My Bike: X-Wing Fighter

He likes to hang out on Roller Coaster too and yell "cannondale sucks" to every one of them that went by.
Ibis Mojo SL-24lbs. 11 oz.
Ibis Tranny-20lbs. 12 oz.

cgarolr

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • My Bike: 2008 Redline Monocog Flight 29er RIGID
Dang, I just found this thread again!!!  Ya, "doom" is much easier since the rain...actually, we ride it the correct way first, then we ride back up the sketchy rock drop just for fun (the drop after the extremely narrow right turn that used to be harder before the washout).
It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye.  Then it's just a game: FIND THE EYE!!!

cgarolr

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
PS - I bought a rigid singlespeed and MIGHT be selling the Epic if I like the new ride(s)...

2007 Redline Monocog
2007 Niner One9 (pending)
It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye.  Then it's just a game: FIND THE EYE!!!

cgarolr

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
PPS - I don't think I am awesome or a technically great rider as there are so many that are better than me.  But considering I have only been riding since 10/2008 I don't think I suck either ;)

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
The tall climb before the stairs?

Sketchy rock drop?

the drop after the extremely narrow right turn that used to be harder before the washout?     

cgarolr:   I can't figure out where these places are and I ride out there every week.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.383 seconds with 25 queries.