SWAMP Community Forums
June 05, 2008, 02:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bikes! What you got? Show it off!  (Read 5061 times)
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »

That is great Alan!!!!  My wife and I have a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy!

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Alan
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »

Let me get this straight.  You said "I just want some tools"....and she said "How about a bike?" ... and you said "NO", "Don't spend your money on me"  are you kidding me?  You got the bike anyway.  Where do I get one of those?  Holy crap!  If my wife knew what ANY of my stuff cost, I would be single again!  Let alone have her offer to buy me ANY bike.  Don't let her out of your sight!  Congrats, I just sent my neighbor in there for the same bike.  Great ride.  Be careful, they are addictive.  It will put a curse on you like my Voodoo! (pun intended)

LOL.  I'm definately a lucky guy to have such a supportive wife.  Smiley

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 08:28:39 AM »

I bet you do Gregg!!! Wink

That is a great wife you got there Alan. Chainwheel Drive pulled up my buying history last time I was in there. Closing in on $19,000! And that wasafter I joined Swamp that they started compiling it. I had bought a Specialized Hardrock, clothes and god knows what else before that!  Shocked

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »

So my wife asks me, ..how about a Redline Monocog 29er.  My jaw drops...
Wow!  You better treat that girl good!  Not just because she got you a RedLine but because she knows how much less maintenance and fun those SS29ers are... Welcome to the club! (in case is your first 29er SS)  Let's SS ride sometime!

FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 01:48:12 PM »

this is a pic of the prototype of this new racer - the first to roll off the line of this American made machine is on the way to FL to be the new steed in my stable......this is going to be the longest 6 weeks wait in my life

www.myspace.com/factore  - SMITE MAGNET
BillT
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »

Foes makes a nice bike...I briefly considered getting an FXR to replace my Blur, but I think I'm leaning towards a Knolly Endorphin (http://www.knollybikes.com/frames/endorphin/index.aspx).  One thing about the Foes is that their proprietary Cornutt shock appears to be a love/hate kind of thing...it either works for you or you hate.
FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »

I road some of the longer travel bikes and they are great for me - much better pedal platform than the fox shox i have ridden - plus this is only a 3.5 inch travel bike so I am wanting to be able to dial it in a bit stiff for racing.  I like the way their shocks use way less pressure than any other shock and make them work throughout the entire "push" in a more linear motion than with other shocks I have ridden...I will also be glad to have a comfortable race bike that is under 25 pounds

www.myspace.com/factore  - SMITE MAGNET
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »

Nice Bike FactorE!

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
BillT
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 04:29:49 PM »

The platform action on the Cornutt is what I've heard complaints about regarding a harsh ride, but these were on early versions of their air shocks which may not have had all the kinks worked out yet.  Also, the shock mounting hardware connecting the shock the swingarm is supposedly rather wide (a by-product of how they designed their super-stiff swingarm), so you may want to invest in some spare bolts just incase you tweak one - I had similar problems with old Ellsworth Truth prior to them revising the rocker arm design.
Alan
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:35 PM »

So my wife asks me, ..how about a Redline Monocog 29er.  My jaw drops...
Wow!  You better treat that girl good!  Not just because she got you a RedLine but because she knows how much less maintenance and fun those SS29ers are... Welcome to the club! (in case is your first 29er SS)  Let's SS ride sometime!

Once I get some rides under my belt I'll definately have to join you on an SS ride.  Think I need to get accustomed to the no gear thing though.  Today we went for a brief ride around the neighborhood and my right index finger was searching for the shifter. 
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »

When I bought this bike back in December my wife said I could not buy another bike for 5 years (she did not think I needed a $200 bike). So instead of buying a new one, I have added about $200 worth of upgrades/replacements. Here is the list:

New shock = $170
New Computer = $15
New pedals = $20
New chain = $25
New Tubes = $12
New grips = $12
Tune up = $45
New tires = $42
Lube/cleaner = $20

that does not include:
Gloves/Clothes/Camelbak = $200
tools = $12
Bike rack = $40

Oh well, here is a new picture....

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

Just looking at your signature line......I guess that you had a good time tonight. Grin  That was just a flesh wound, it builds character! Grin

Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »

Just looking at your signature line......I guess that you had a good time tonight. Grin  That was just a flesh wound, it builds character! Grin

The funny thing is I had scars there already! Scars on top of scars, I love it!

his was the 1st time riding my new spd pedals and I have not adjusted them yet, they are a little tight and hard to clip out of. I only fell 3 times tonight because of it (yeah, thats it). I got the wounds going into gator pit scaping the side and not being able to clip out...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:00:11 PM by Darrinw2001 » Logged

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »

The funny thing is I had scars there already! Scars on top of scars, I love it!

his was the 1st time riding my new spd pedals and I have not adjusted them yet, they are a little tight and hard to clip out of. I only fell 3 times tonight because of it (yeah, thats it). I got the wounds going into gator pit scaping the side and not being able to clip out...

Chick dig scars!!! Grin Grin Grin

Tbalestrini
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47:23 AM »

My 2005 Kona cinder cone, I absolutley love this bike! Perhaps a Rockshox Reba is in it's future.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: