SWAMP Community Forums
April 23, 2008, 06:43:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Boyette Scrub Trail Map available to SWAMP Mountain Bike Club members.  Check the Trail Maps section.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody doing the 12 hour?  (Read 546 times)
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

Awesome job Harvey!!!!  No easy task.  Helmets off to you!  What's next?
steve
Huffy Rider

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »

You the man

scooter
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »

You make us OLD FARTS proud Harvey Grin
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »

Congrats Harvey.

Next Squiggy.

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

http://treadlight-mtb.blogspot.com/
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi
EllsRider
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

813Racing

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »

Congrats Harvey!  Fantastic accomplishment.  How did you like the course compared with Reddick? Overall I thought it was easier not having the big climbs  but the hazards (cliffs) were really really hazardous. I wouldn't want anything to do with them under extreme fatigue conditions. I was worried on my fourth lap that I make a mistake and fall to my death. You solo riders must be as sure footed as goats up there in those rocky cliffs !

No glory for me again.   Cry   Cry   Cry   A dismal 6-8 finish (still waiting for results) as our team was not prepared for the  beat down that was  put down on  us by the winners and a couple of AJ's teams and a S Florida team. Lack of training was apparent as we lost time at almost every lap.  I was happy with my lap times  and overall did better than I expected but the competition was better prepared and wanted it more. Saddle time and training will take you to the Glory.  Two night laps (with old school lights) and  a battery going dead during the second lap (which gave me a couple  of minutes of breathing while swapping batteries) but that wasn't enough of a break as I was out of energy and finished up the race like I was a war torn battleship listing into port after battle as I finished the last mile on my last lap. Glad it was over and ended up driving home after the race because I had too much juice (monster energy)in me to sleep so I buzzed home to Tampa.

" Not this time, Lance"
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »

I really, really miss Razorback, but I loved the Vortex course. For me, the technical stuff was tough, but I could control my efforts so I never felt like I was working too hard. My skills didn't start going south until my last 2 laps and even then it was just a little bobble here and there. That's never happened to me before. I was in the zone all day long. It was one of those magical days where it seemed like nothing could go wrong.

Next up is the Hospice 100K at Markham Park in 2 weeks, then Squiggy, then I get a little break before the campaign heads out of state.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: