Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: New Trails?  (Read 3945 times)

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
New Trails?
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »
First off i would like to say that this forum looks just as good as the trails you guys make. Great Job Guys!!
And speaking of trails, i was just looking around your site and i noticed that you guys have a new trail opening in July. Lets hear some detail guys, at this rate im goina have to volunteer(which ill probably do anyways if I got go to the shuttle launch) just to see the new work(and hopefully ride it ;D)

BTW, this is Carnage from www.mtbr.com if anyone else goes there.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
Re: New Trails?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »
 :D

Thanks for the kind words! Like the new trail, we are just getting started with these forums.

The new trail at Alafia, called North Creek, will be opening July 9th at the Sunday group ride.  (9:00 am) Lots of ups and downs, quite a few bench cuts, several bridges and almost 2 miles long when this intermediate trail is completed, there should be something on this trail for everyone to enjoy. Intermediate or better that is..  ;)  It will get better with use too, just like the other trails in the area.

Come to Alafia River State Park that day if you don't get out sooner.  A big day is planned with demo bikes, prizes and lots of activity.
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »
very cool. i was just out there today for an epic between Alafia and Boyette. and didnt notice it. the trails are awsome but a bit buggy and sandy right now. BTW, i remember reading in a book a while back that you where planning a trail to got from Alafia to Boyette. the book was a few years old, and i was just wondering if that got stonewalled for some political reason or something like that. Is it still planned?
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:03:04 AM »
The plans are still there, however, nothing is happening right now.  The main reason is the safety issue with the shooting range being so close to the connecting trails.  Right now we have permission to use the trail once per year for the 3 day Alafia Fat Tire Festival held in November. Other times of the year everyone avoids the non-existent stray bullets.   :o
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Advertisement: