SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 04:58:10 PM] Dan-o: doubt that

[Today at 04:58:54 PM] FACTORe: I know where my weak point is

[Today at 04:58:57 PM] FACTORe: turning

[Today at 04:59:05 PM] FACTORe: and that is the set up for everything sindle track

[Today at 04:59:29 PM] FACTORe: if you scrub speed at every turn...you end up "drag racing" to keep up and blowing your energy

[Today at 04:59:34 PM] Dan-o: im in the LSD program

[Today at 04:59:45 PM] FACTORe: yea

[Today at 04:59:54 PM] FACTORe: that is what helps for longer stuff

[Today at 05:00:01 PM] FACTORe: teach your body to burn fat a s a fuel

[Today at 05:00:14 PM] Dan-o: last 3 rides are + 20 

[Today at 05:00:18 PM] FACTORe: that is boring but..in the long run, it will really pay off

[Today at 05:00:38 PM] Dan-o: i enjoy it though 

Advanced search  

News:

Remember to login to view all of the boards and topics available to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Trails?  (Read 2538 times)

CrazyWhiteGuy

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
New Trails?
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »
First off i would like to say that this forum looks just as good as the trails you guys make. Great Job Guys!!
And speaking of trails, i was just looking around your site and i noticed that you guys have a new trail opening in July. Lets hear some detail guys, at this rate im goina have to volunteer(which ill probably do anyways if I got go to the shuttle launch) just to see the new work(and hopefully ride it ;D)

BTW, this is Carnage from www.mtbr.com if anyone else goes there.
Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black

Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Use the big ring!
Re: New Trails?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »
 :D

Thanks for the kind words! Like the new trail, we are just getting started with these forums.

The new trail at Alafia, called North Creek, will be opening July 9th at the Sunday group ride.  (9:00 am) Lots of ups and downs, quite a few bench cuts, several bridges and almost 2 miles long when this intermediate trail is completed, there should be something on this trail for everyone to enjoy. Intermediate or better that is..  ;)  It will get better with use too, just like the other trails in the area.

Come to Alafia River State Park that day if you don't get out sooner.  A big day is planned with demo bikes, prizes and lots of activity.
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

CrazyWhiteGuy

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »
very cool. i was just out there today for an epic between Alafia and Boyette. and didnt notice it. the trails are awsome but a bit buggy and sandy right now. BTW, i remember reading in a book a while back that you where planning a trail to got from Alafia to Boyette. the book was a few years old, and i was just wondering if that got stonewalled for some political reason or something like that. Is it still planned?
Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black

Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Global Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:03:04 AM »
The plans are still there, however, nothing is happening right now.  The main reason is the safety issue with the shooting range being so close to the connecting trails.  Right now we have permission to use the trail once per year for the 3 day Alafia Fat Tire Festival held in November. Other times of the year everyone avoids the non-existent stray bullets.   :o
Cannondale Prophet 1000 (Blue)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 19 queries.