As best I can remember it:1. Start at parking area 3 (Tucker Hill). Begin riding the yellow trail on the SOUTH side of the road. (The one near where you pay to park)
2. At the first junction with the red trail stay RIGHT on the red trail. A few minutes later you will ride through the reddish clay pit area.
3. Stay on red all the way to junction with the blue trail. Stay right on the blue trail. Ride the blue trail all the way to the road. At the road, you will have gone about 10-12 miles.
4. Cross the road and find the blue trail again. Ride the blue trail past the 8-mile bail out and into the pits area. Once in the pits area, there are several options. During the Croom 50, there are EASY and HARD options. The EASY options shorten the route a little.
5. Keep riding to the 12 mile bailout. At that point you have gone about 22-23 miles from the start.
6. Keep riding on the blue trail. At the Sugar Mountain option, turn right. You will eventually climb to the top of Sugar Mountain, which isn't really a mountain, but you will know when you're there. At this point, you've gone about 25 miles.
7. Ride down Sugar Mountain and turn right when you get back to the trail intersection. Stay on the blue trail.
8. A few miles later, at the connector to the yellow trail, stay left, continuing on the blue trail. (DON'T take the connector) Ride the blue trail all the way to the Red trail. Before you get there, you will see the road on your right. (Don't take the first bailout you come to) Make sure you keep riding to the intersection of the Red rail. At the Red trail, turn RIGHT and ride a couple hundred yards to the road. (You don't take the Red trail. Just ride out to the road.)
9. Cross the road and you should immediately pick up the Blue trail again.
10.Ride the Blue trail all the way to the red trail intersection. You might notice that you've been by there before but in the opposite direction. When you get to the intersection, turn right onto the Red trail. This is the only part of the trail that you ride twice, though you are now going in the opposite direction.
11. Ride the Red trail to the first bail out. Turn right at the bail out and ride a few hundred yards to the road.
12. At the road, turn left and ride on the road about a half mile to the start of the Yellow trail on your RIGHT. (At this point you have gone about 40 miles)
13. Turn right off the road and onto the Yellow trail. Ride the yellow trail counterclockwise all the way back to Parking Lot #3. Do NOT take the Green bailout trail. You know you are close to the end when you have to climb a hill the switch backs a couple of times.
I hope that helps. All the mileages are approximates. I might be off by a mile or two. I'm doing this from memory. I think I'm close to getting it right.